Reinstatement

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mklobaas

Reinstatement

Post by mklobaas »

Brethren,

I am the stake clerk. We are having a reinstatement disciplinary council coming up.

The person being reinstated does not have a membership record shown on the stake database.

What do I use for a membership number?

Does an excommunicated person still have a membership number? If so, how do I find it? Can I get that person's "record" transferred to our stake database?

thank you,

Michael Klobas
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

mklobas wrote:Brethren,

I am the stake clerk. We are having a reinstatement disciplinary council coming up.

The person being reinstated does not have a membership record shown on the stake database.

What do I use for a membership number?

Does an excommunicated person still have a membership number? If so, how do I find it? Can I get that person's "record" transferred to our stake database?

thank you,

Michael Klobas
If he doesn't have a copy in his files, your stake president should phone the confidential records office at CHQ and request a copy of the file for the disciplinary council that resulted in the excommunication. All of the information you need will be there.
sghall

Post by sghall »

The Stake President should have a copy of the Report of Church Disciplinary Action form from the excommunication. This form has a copy of the membership number on it. If he does not have a copy of the original form, he can request it from the Office of the First Presidency (CHI, 119).

Return to “Reports and Forms”