Consent to perform blessing outside unit

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
bst3ck

Consent to perform blessing outside unit

Post by bst3ck »

Hi Everyone,

We have a ward clerk in our stake that is wondering what consent form is needed when a member would like to perform a baby blessing outside his own unit. (i.e. parents ward). I have never had that question asked of me before and I am not sure if there is an official form. Can anyone provide any suggestions?

I have tried to look it up in the handbook, but can only find reference to getting permission but not any specific approval form.

Thanks
Ben S.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bsteckler wrote:I have tried to look it up in the handbook, but can only find reference to getting permission but not any specific approval form.
There is an official form. You can find a link to it in this post (you may want to review the whole thread).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bst3ck

Post by bst3ck »

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.
KLAWSON24

Re: Consent to perform blessing outside unit

Post by KLAWSON24 »

With regard to performing a baby blessing outside the home ward or unit, does this form have a number? We are trying to work through a language difference on this. The new parents are in Japan and bringing the baby here for the blessing. Their bishop in Japan is not certain which form to use. If there is a number for the form, that might help. Or can we have the exact title of the form as it would be in English and also Japanese. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
Biggles

Re: Consent to perform blessing outside unit

Post by Biggles »

The necessary form is located in LCR>Reports>Forms - Recommend to Perform an Ordinance.

Return to “Reports and Forms”