District YM President cannot see member ages on LCR

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rchomskis

District YM President cannot see member ages on LCR

Post by rchomskis »

Hello, our District YM President cannot see member ages on LCR's Member List. The drop down "Show" menu won't give him "Age" option. Is this a normal thing? He needs the option in order to see when the young men are turning certain ages to come into YM or to change from Seminary to Institute.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: District YM President cannot see member ages on LCR

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect the answer lies in this question/answer:

From the LCR FAQs:
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
If he still feels he should have access, he can submit feedback and/or ask the District President to send the issue up the chain of command. But first, I'd verify with the Handbook and other authoritative sources that he should be the one to track and update individual information. I suspect this is probably supposed to be a ward/branch function. Particularly since age may not be the only criteria. What grade they are in would likely factor in as well. Students are sometimes held back or advanced a grade, so age is not always a reliable indicator. Hence the need for "local knowledge".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

But this president HAS access to district member list, but just doesn't have access to member ages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can ask support. This is primarily user-to-user support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rchomskis

Post by rchomskis »

I called global service desk - they said what you already suggested - to escalate the matter up the command chain :roll: But I thought this is a bug or something...
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Member ages are considered sensitive information and are generally restricted to those leaders who have direct stewardship over the member. For example, I don't think that a ward RS president can see the ages for elders and likewise the EQ president can't see the ages for women. As indicated in the FAQ district auxiliary presidencies don't have direct stewardship over the youth so it is consistent that they don't have access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rchomskis wrote:He needs the option in order to see when the young men are turning certain ages to come into YM or to change from Seminary to Institute.
Again, I'd go back and verify that's his responsibility backed by authoritative sources. Because to me, it has the ring of something normally done by the ward/branch.

Handbook 2: 8.15.3 refers to 15.4.1. I don't see anything in 15.4.1 that would suggest that level of involvement. In fact, it explicitly says "They do not fulfill assignments that should be fulfilled on the ward or family level.". The role of the Ward YM President as outlined in 8.3.4 seems more consistent with the task at hand. Particularly "He oversees the records, reports, budget, and finances of the ward Young Men organization. The Young Men secretary helps with this responsibility." The ward YM Presidency also "They get to know each young man and become familiar with his talents, interests, and challenges. They look for ways to strengthen young men individually, help them grow in their testimonies, and encourage them to participate in their quorums. They give special attention to young men who are new members and young men who are less active." So, to me, keeping track of who is about to enter or leave the program would fall to the ward.

In addition, there's the Bishop and the Clerks that would be involved.

Return to “Reports and Forms”