Foreign Language Certificates / Forms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
wnukem

Foreign Language Certificates / Forms

Post by wnukem »

My ward is primarily and English ward but we do have a dependent Spanish group that is part of our Ward. I have been asked to see if we can generate ordinance certificates in Spanish. Is there a way to do this in LCR? MLS redirects to LCR. Please advise. Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Foreign Language Certificates / Forms

Post by lajackson »

wnukem wrote:I have been asked to see if we can generate ordinance certificates in Spanish.
I have no idea if this will work, but have you tried running LCR in Spanish to see if that would do it? I think the quickest way to find out would be to change lang=eng to lang=spa in the URL and see what happens.
wnukem

Post by wnukem »

lajackson wrote:
wnukem wrote:I have been asked to see if we can generate ordinance certificates in Spanish.
I have no idea if this will work, but have you tried running LCR in Spanish to see if that would do it? I think the quickest way to find out would be to change lang=eng to lang=spa in the URL and see what happens.
That did the trick! All I had to do was just prior to generating the certificate, I changed the 'eng' to 'spa' in the URL. It changed the language. Who knew. I am now able to successfully print certificates in spanish. I am certain the same would be for any other language as long as you knew the 3 digit language abbreviation. Thank you so much. I had been trying to find a solution for a few hours.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

That worked for me. You can just select the language from the menu in the upper right corner. However, the entire site will then be in that language so you'd probably want to get to the right page before you switch the language.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:However, the entire site will then be in that language so you'd probably want to get to the right page before you switch the language.
True, although if you are lost in another language, you can just change the URL to lang=eng to become found again.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

wnukem wrote:All I had to do was just prior to generating the certificate, I changed the 'eng' to 'spa' in the URL. It changed the language.
You don't have to do it just prior to printing the certificate. You can generate the certificate and then change the language code in the URL once the PDF certificate has been generated to get a new certificate in the requested language.

Return to “Reports and Forms”