Membership List Sequence

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rscroggin

Membership List Sequence

Post by rscroggin »

The Stake Young Men President would like to get a list of all the Young Men in the stake sorted by Age within Unit. In LCR he can pull up a list of all Young Men using the Membership List option, click the Age column header and then click the Current Unit column header, and the report displays in the desired sequence. However, when he prints the report it prints in Name within Unit sequence. Is he expecting too much from the Membership List option? Is this a bug? Any chance of having a sequence choice added? As the Stake Clerk, I know I can create a custom report the way he wants it, but he doesn't want to keep asking me for it and he doesn't have access to the Custom Reports option. Any ideas? Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Membership List Sequence

Post by lajackson »

rscroggin wrote:The Stake Young Men President would like to get a list of all the Young Men in the stake
He has cleverly figured out a way to get the information he is getting, but may not be aware of the answer to the first frequently asked question (FAQ) concerning LCR.
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?

Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
That would leave you as the stake clerk in a position to help him on the rare occasion that he needs to have that information.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

Thank you for your quick reply. I understand what you're saying. However, even if it’s just used for planning stake youth activities there are times when being able to get that information quickly, on his own, might be helpful. Let me pose the question as a matter of my curiosity. Is there a reason why that report can be displayed in one sequence,, but can’t be printed in the same sequence? Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rscroggin wrote:Is there a reason why that report can be displayed in one sequence,, but can’t be printed in the same sequence?
I do not know if there is an official reason, other than that is just the way the site works. Apparently the print routine software is separate from the display routine software. If it is a big enough concern, he or you could send feedback through the LDS.org page where someone will look at the situation. But whether or not the code actually would be updated would depend on the priorities the developers were given by those who make those decision.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like the display is influenced by prior sort selection, but when passed to printing, only the current sort selection is applied.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

lajackson and russellhltn-Thank you both for your answers. lajackson-Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that some thought. I'll also see if the same thing is occurring on other reports. Take care.

Return to “Reports and Forms”