Baby Blessing/Death/Baptism Reports

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
trb03

Baby Blessing/Death/Baptism Reports

Post by trb03 »

I am trying to find a way to generate specific reports for the past year.
Specifically I am looking for the following:

Baby Blessings that took place within the last year
Any Deaths within the last year
Any Baptisms within the last year

I have tried using custom reports and filter it down for each item above, but cannot get a good enough result that I am confident in reporting.

Any advice?

Thanks everyone.

---Also, these items are for our ward historian if that changes anything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Baby Blessing/Death/Baptism Reports

Post by russellhltn »

Any report is going to be a starting point and not definitive. The report would be mostly limited to records that are still in the ward. It wouldn't include any baptisms or blessings of anyone who has since moved out. I believe there's a "move out" report that might prove helpful for checking for deaths, but I'm not sure how far back it goes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:Any report is going to be a starting point and not definitive. The report would be mostly limited to records that are still in the ward. It wouldn't include any baptisms or blessings of anyone who has since moved out. I believe there's a "move out" report that might prove helpful for checking for deaths, but I'm not sure how far back it goes.
The members moved in and members moved out reports default to show the previous month. However, you can have them show up to 12 months of history.

Edit: Members moved in report can see the past 36 months, but I don't think it shows new children born in the period and added by the unit.
Last edited by davesudweeks on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:The members moved in and members moved out reports default to show the previous month. However, you can have them show up to 12 months of history.
Do you know if the "members moved out" report include deaths? Or, is that listed somewhere else?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Yes. Members who die in the past year show on the members moved out report. They are listed as "deceased" in the column that shows the unit they moved to.

Edit: It should go without saying that this is dependent on clerks recording the death...
Renfroe001

Re: baptistize death forum to be completed

Post by Renfroe001 »

need forms to complete baptistize for a deceased person
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Renfroe001 wrote:need forms to complete baptistize for a deceased person
Once a person is deceased it is out of the hands of Church units to perform this ordinance and becomes an ordinance completed at the temple. Members use FamilySearch/FamilyTree to identify ancestors who need the ordinance and then print the form to complete the ancestor baptism at the temple.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:
Renfroe001 wrote:need forms to complete baptistize for a deceased person
Once a person is deceased it is out of the hands of Church units to perform this ordinance and becomes an ordinance completed at the temple. Members use FamilySearch/FamilyTree to identify ancestors who need the ordinance and then print the form to complete the ancestor baptism at the temple.
The request was vague enough that I wondered if the OP was speaking about someone who was baptized and then died and his or her record was marked as deceased before the baptism was recorded. In that case, they will probably have to call the GSD or send a MLS special request to provide the information and ask them to record it.
cboice80

Post by cboice80 »

I would also like these reports to be able to have a list of all the baptisms confirmations and baby blessings for the year. I'm trying to finish the annual history for the ward and would like to include a report of all the ordinances that took place last year 2020.
tevatrent

Post by tevatrent »

cboice80 wrote:I would also like these reports to be able to have a list of all the baptisms confirmations and baby blessings for the year. I'm trying to finish the annual history for the ward and would like to include a report of all the ordinances that took place last year 2020.
Were you able to find out how to get this report?

Return to “Reports and Forms”