Quaterly Report assistance

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
natandale

Quaterly Report assistance

Post by natandale »

Hello all,

I am a recently called ward clerk and have been asked toput together the Quarterly Report by next week. I am not getting a lot of support from the previous clerk, so I am wondering if someone can tell me what data I need to gather for this. I assume it is the attendance data from all auxiliaries, but what else is required?

Thanks,
Nathan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Quaterly Report assistance

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure others will chime in, but you can start with the Help Center Quarterly Report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Hopefully you are keeping sacrament meeting attendance. We record it every week and then average the attendance for the last month of the quarter. You enter that average in the appropriate place on the report. If you click the "Potential" number on each line, a report will open showing who 'can' be counted for Sunday class attendance. I give those reports to the auxiliaries and ask them to provide me the total number from that list of those who attended any Sunday organization meeting in the last month of the quarter (names are not needed). Some of them tick next to the names and give me back the report to add up - the report makes this easy for them.

You need to enter the appropriate information for new converts - your ward mission leader or bishopric can assist if you don't know.

Don't be late on the report - your stake will feel the pain if you are late. I have found I can enter any number to submit the report on time and correct it later. For example, If the YM are late, I enter a "1" for their attendance (obviously wrong for us) so I can submit on time. Then I send an e-mail to the stake clerk informing him our report was submitted but contains errors I'm actively working to correct. Finally I start reminding the YM president to get me the information I need (and tell him if they don't get me the correct information their attendance will stand as reported to the stake). As long as it is corrected before the end of the month, all seems to be good (go into the report, edit and submit again).
klricks

Post by klricks »

natandale wrote:Hello all,

I am a recently called ward clerk and have been asked toput together the Quarterly Report by next week. I am not getting a lot of support from the previous clerk, so I am wondering if someone can tell me what data I need to gather for this. I assume it is the attendance data from all auxiliaries, but what else is required?

Thanks,
Nathan
Go to the quarterly reports in LCR and click [Edit]. A box [ ] will appear for all items that you will need to enter.
Note that you cannot start to enter data for the previous quarter until after the first day of the new quarter (Oct 1, Jan 1 etc.).
You can enter data and save and come back later to add more.
For information about a particular item click on the title of that item.

As mentioned print the potential list by clicking on the number in the potential column and take that printout to the secretary or other member of the presidency of that auxiliary. Doing that will be more accurate as the number % is based on those who are actually members of the ward and not visitors or other regulars who might attend. I was getting attendance numbers greater than the potential (>100%) when they used class rolls as the source... especially in Primary. I usually begin that process on the last Sunday of the quarter.

Note Sacrament attendance is based on all who are present.
Assistant Ward Clerk
REGreen46

Post by REGreen46 »

I am currently serving as Elders Quorum President in our Branch and need to edit/update our Elder's Quorum Ministering assignments for quarterly reporting. ... It appears that now out-dated prior Home Teaching assignments were transferred and currently populate our Branch and Priesthood records.

Thanks,
Ralph
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

REGreen46 wrote:I am currently serving as Elders Quorum President in our Branch and need to edit/update our Elder's Quorum Ministering assignments for quarterly reporting.
You cannot change them. A snapshot is taken at the end of the quarter, and it seems they were not updated by the end of last month.

You can still change the number of ministering interviews by going to the Ministering section of LCR and using the drop-down menu to select the prior quarter, which will allow you at least to record the interviews that were held.

And after that, of course, you will want to update your companionships as soon as possible and begin recording interviews for the 4th quarter so that report will more accurately reflect the ministering efforts in your ward.
lmcatugal

Post by lmcatugal »

I serve as the Stake RSP. One of our Ward RSP is reporting that she cannot enter "late" 3rd quarter ministering interviews that she just received.
Is there a deadline to input the quarterly interviews?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lmcatugal wrote:One of our Ward RSP is reporting that she cannot enter "late" 3rd quarter ministering interviews that she just received.
You can still record ministering interviews by going to the Ministering section of LCR and using the drop-down menu to select the prior quarter, which will allow you to record the interviews that were held during the previous quarter. They will then reflect on the quarterly report, if the quarterly report has not already been submitted.

It does not appear that you can do this from LDS Tools. There it seems that only current quarter interviews can be recorded.

Return to “Reports and Forms”