certificates

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
KirkKaiser

certificates

Post by KirkKaiser »

Where can we find Primary graduation certificates?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: certificates

Post by jdlessley »

Children advance from Primary when they reach age 12. Leaders may give them a certificate of advancement (see Handbook 2, 11.4.3). The certificate is available through the Member and Leader Services (MLS) system, accessible only to specific ward leaders. Have your ward clerk click on Reports/Forms from the MLS menu bar, and then click Certificates. It is also available on LDS.org Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) in Reports > Certificates > Primary Advancement.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
samekd

Post by samekd »

I was asked by a member if I could get them a copy of their child’s blessing certificate. It was from five years ago and in another ward. Is there any way to do this?
klricks

Post by klricks »

samekd wrote:I was asked by a member if I could get them a copy of their child’s blessing certificate. It was from five years ago and in another ward. Is there any way to do this?
The original certificate is not saved anywhere.... It is generated at time of printing.
The clerk can print a new blessing certificate at any time before baptism is recorded, however you will need to get the info from the member..... Date of blessing and who blessed the child.
The name of the current Ward will be printed on the new certificate.... I don't know of any way to change that?
There is a place for the Bishop to sign.
Assistant Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

klricks wrote:There is a place for the Bishop to sign.
And it won't be the right bishop.

In short, all you can do is produce a certificate that "proves" the baby was blessed. You can't really reproduce the original.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

klricks wrote:The clerk can print a new blessing certificate at any time before baptism is recorded
A certificate can be printed for any member that is in your unit.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
klricks

Post by klricks »

kd7mha wrote:
klricks wrote:The clerk can print a new blessing certificate at any time before baptism is recorded
A certificate can be printed for any member that is in your unit.
Thanks I didn't know that could be done... You have to go to the [print certificates] link in the [Reports] menu rather than the members ordinances details tab in their record.
Assistant Ward Clerk
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

How about contacting the previous Ward? Maybe even the Bishop who was presiding at the time of the blessing will still be around, and then all will be correct.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

waynecooke wrote:How about contacting the previous Ward? Maybe even the Bishop who was presiding at the time of the blessing will still be around, and then all will be correct.
That will not be correct unless the person is still living in the ward they were blessed in. As stated earlier in this thread, the certificate will list the current ward where the person's record resides at the time the certificate is generated, not the ward where the blessing occurred.

Return to “Reports and Forms”