LCR 'custom' report: spouse is non member issue

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
klricks

LCR 'custom' report: spouse is non member issue

Post by klricks »

Finally MLS style custom reports can be done in LCR.....

I made a report to list members with non member spouse for WML and Missionaries.
The list is configured to show name of member and spouse name etc.
The issue is that many of the spouse names do not show up on my list even though the non member spouse name appears on the members record.
I found that if any of the marriage information is missing then the name does not print on my list. (The member is printed but spouse field is blank).
IOW in addition to the name of course...... if any one of these: DOB, DOM, Place of Marriage, is missing then the name does not print.
Is there a reason for this or is it a bug?
Assistant Ward Clerk
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LCR 'custom' report: spouse is non member issue

Post by scgallafent »

This is related to how non-member spouse information is stored on the member record when that other data has not been entered.
klricks

Post by klricks »

This issue appears to have been fixed. The name of non-member spouse now appears on my list regardless of whether other info is missing or not.
Assistant Ward Clerk
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

I have a related question, in our membership audit we show several families with unrecorded marriages. These members show on lists of single adults. While several of the members are friendly to the church, some of their spouses do not want their names on the church records. I tried recording a marriage and specifying that the spouse is a non-member and then left the name and date blank. The system returned a message saying the marriage had successfully been recorded BUT the member still shows on the reports as a single member. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

larry19810 wrote:The system returned a message saying the marriage had successfully been recorded BUT the member still shows on the reports as a single member. Any suggestions?
Interesting. If you pull up that member's records, what does it show? I'm wondering if somehow the lack of a name caused an instant divorce.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”