Creating a record for a baby under the guardianship of her grandmother

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
leeanke16

Creating a record for a baby under the guardianship of her grandmother

Post by leeanke16 »

I am trying to create a record for a baby blessed in our ward. Her mother is a member, but not in our ward. She had the baby out of wedlock and her mother, a member of our ward has taken the baby as guardian to raise it. In the new record form, I am asked for the mother. Since she is not in our ward, the field does not complete when I input her name. Should I just continue without the form recognizing the mother's name?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Creating a record for a baby under the guardianship of her grandmother

Post by russellhltn »

leeanke16 wrote:Should I just continue without the form recognizing the mother's name?
I'm not sure as you have a choice. If you have problems, you can contact support or the "special request" function to ask them to do what you can't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You should select the option indicating the mother is not in your ward. Then you should enter the mother's MRN. You can get the mother's MRN by looking at the grandmother's record where it should list mother in the children section. Once you enter the MRN it should be able to fill out the rest of the information and the child will be correctly linked to his or her mother's record.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

eblood66 wrote:You should select the option indicating the mother is not in your ward. Then you should enter the mother's MRN. You can get the mother's MRN by looking at the grandmother's record where it should list mother in the children section. Once you enter the MRN it should be able to fill out the rest of the information and the child will be correctly linked to his or her mother's record.
You can also enter the mother's name and birth date if you do not have the MRN.

Return to “Reports and Forms”