Ordinance Certificates

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
ndlewis

Ordinance Certificates

Post by ndlewis »

Until a couple of weeks ago, I was able to print Ordinance Certificates on 5.5" x 8.5" paper in MLS. Now the Certificates must be printed using LCR and the only size of paper accepted appears to be 8.5" x 11" for the Certificates. Is there a way to change the software so that the Certificates can once again be printed on 5.5" x 8.5" paper? If so, please advise how to proceed. Thank you. Dee Lewis, Ward Clerk, Sacramento 2nd Ward--[personal information deleted]
Last edited by lajackson on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is a public forum.
eblood66

Re: Ordinance Certificates

Post by eblood66 »

Our ward recently started using the half size certificates. I believe our ward clerk just uses the option built into the standard Windows print dialog to shrink the entire certificate to fit on the smaller sheet. So after opening the certificate in the PDF reader, select print and get to the standard print dialog and try to find that option. Whether that option exists does depend on the printer and print driver but I think most printers used by the church should have it.

But be warned, that option may be stored and if you're not careful you may print other things at a reduced size (like perhaps annual tax statements--ours were all half size this year because i didn't think to check that and then didn't want to waste paper and reprint 100 pages).
slmsz20

Post by slmsz20 »

The new certificates are generated in a PDF, if you open it in acrobat or adobe reader you can set the paper size in the dialog box and it will auto shrink it for you. The browser print dialogs tend to be flaky so I make sure our wards set to open in adobe reader by default.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The certificate is intended to be printed at 8.5" x 11". There isn't anything preventing them from being printed at a smaller size, but the full sheet (or A4 size) is the recommended format.

Return to “Reports and Forms”