Quarterly report number Total Famililes for HT doesn't match HT report Total Familes for HT

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jtyewhit

Quarterly report number Total Famililes for HT doesn't match HT report Total Familes for HT

Post by jtyewhit »

Hello,

When noticed that the home teaching report numbers don't match the Q4 quarterly report numbers for December. Which is puzzling, because I was under the impression that at least the number of families number is supplied by the Church.

For example:

The quarterly report says 686/1437 for Q4 HT (lines 11 & 12)
But the HT report says 607/1480 for Dec.

Since the church supplies the total number of families for both reports, how can they differ? I can understand the numerator differing, because the clerk enters those in the quarterly report and that's subject to error. But I'd think the denominator, which I think comes from the church, would be the same. Any ideas why it isn't?

I'm wondering why the church doesn't take the reported HT numbers and auto-fill the quarterly report.
eblood66

Re: Quarterly report number Total Famililes for HT doesn't match HT report Total Familes for HT

Post by eblood66 »

The quarterly report number is a snapshot taken at the end of the year based on the membership records in your ward at that time. The HT statistics report is based on the membership records currently in your ward. So the statistics for a previous month may change as records move out and in.

Normally a difference of 43 households would be more than I would expect based on moves. However, 1480 is a huge number of households for a residential ward so I'm guessing you're in a YSA ward and that kind of change isn't so unusual.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Quarterly report number Total Famililes for HT doesn't match HT report Total Familes for HT

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:The quarterly report number is a snapshot taken at the end of the year based on the membership records in your ward at that time.
That could explain he numerator as well. When people move out, they take their "visits" with them. If people moving in didn't get visited, then that's going to be a net loss.

While the difference seems high, this might be normal for a student ward at the change-over of semesters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

Ah, that helps. Thank you!

Return to “Reports and Forms”