Not accountable members included in ordinance potential lists

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
steavis

Not accountable members included in ordinance potential lists

Post by steavis »

While reviewing the quarterly report with my Bishopric, it was observed that there are members who are marked as "Not Accountable" in LCR that are included in the potential lists/counts for ordinances.

As an example: We have a young man marked as "Not Accountable" who is included in the potential count for "Young men with priesthood office appropriate for their age". This skews the percentage statistic and is impossible to remedy or even take action on since he is ineligible to receive those ordinances.

I searched in the forums and help and didn't find anything for this use case.

We felt that members marked "Not Accountable" should not be included in any potential lists related to ordinances. Does anyone know how to make that adjustment?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not accountable members included in ordinance potential lists

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what the intended "business rules" are, but you may want to consult Handbook 1: 16.3.5. It appears to me that it may be possible to consider them even if they are so marked.

Has this individual been baptized even though they are so marked? If so, then they may still be considered for the ordinance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Someone is only marked "Not Accountable" if they will not be baptized because of their disability. You can't be baptized and marked as Not Accountable.

I would send feedback using the link on LCR because I don't think those marked as not accountable should probably be on those lists.

But even so, there may be times when your percentages may be reduced and you can't do anything about it. Someone who is baptized because they have sufficient capability to understand baptism and repentance may still not be ready for the responsibilities of hold the Melchizedek priesthood. Sometimes you just have to not worry about the percentages if the people involved are progressing as well as they can.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Sometimes you just have to not worry about the percentages if the people involved are progressing as well as they can.
Generally, if you're doing well, your stats will reflect that, even if it's not perfect. Unless you have some unusual situations, I doubt if the number "not accountable" is skewing the stats enough to go from "good" to "poor".

However, I would give feedback to see if LCR is acting "as specified".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”