The Signature Card: Can 7 people be on the form?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
murphys

The Signature Card: Can 7 people be on the form?

Post by murphys »

Our ward has a ward clerk and 3 assistant ward clerks. (YSA Ward with a lot of move in/move out work). The four would like to take turns doing tithing and contributions on a monthly basis. The signature card only allows for a total of 6 people: bishop, counselors, ward clerk, 2 assistant clerks. Is it possible to add a 7th to the form?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: The Signature Card: Can 7 people be on the form?

Post by russellhltn »

murphys wrote:The four would like to take turns doing tithing and contributions on a monthly basis.
The signature card is for signing checks. So, unless they're going to rotate signing checks as well, I don't see the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
murphys

Post by murphys »

Understood. We pay expenses and do tithing each Sunday- one clerk and one counselor. The expenses usually take more time than contributions. If the assistant clerk can't sign the check it just means taking longer to complete the task - either wait for the bishop when he has a break in interviews or wait until the next Sunday.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

murphys wrote:Is it possible to add a 7th to the form?
Yes. Just have them sign below the 6th name and it should fly. (Been there done that.)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

Question: Can the "Assistant Ward Clerk, Membership" help 'count' money? I thought the only clerks that could do that were the "Financial" Clerk and the Ward Clerk. Am I wrong?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

waynecooke wrote:Question: Can the "Assistant Ward Clerk, Membership" help 'count' money? I thought the only clerks that could do that were the "Financial" Clerk and the Ward Clerk. Am I wrong?
The Assistant Clerk - Membership does not have finance edit permissions and therefore cannot complete any financial transactions. The clerks with finance permissions are the Ward Clerk, Assistant Ward Clerk, and Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”