Young Women Certificates

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
tstock7

Young Women Certificates

Post by tstock7 »

My Bishop asked us to check on this and I couldn't find the answer on my own. I'm looking for a place to print YW advancement certificates.

Handbook 2
10.3.1 Bishopric

Bishop and His Counselors
5th paragraph
The bishop and his counselors recognize each young woman in sacrament meeting when she advances from Primary to Young Women, when she advances to a new age-group, and when she receives the Young Womanhood Recognition. When a young woman advances to a new age-group, a member of the bishopric gives her a certificate.

I'm not seeing a place to print a certificate in MLS or on the church website. Because it's not an ordnance it might not be something we print? Is this something the YW fill out and give to the Bishop?

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Young Women Certificates

Post by scgallafent »

These are available from store.lds.org. You need to be logged in to see them. Once you have logged in, go to Home > Serving in the Church > Young Women > Personal Progress or search for "certificate of advancement."
KathyKinney

Post by KathyKinney »

I am looking for YW Certificates of Advacement as well. I have followed the instructions on the last post and I still don't see any. Are they no longer available?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

They are still there. You have to be logged and you have to an appropriate calling. I'm not sure exactly which callings have access but bishopric and clerks do.
sportsluvr25

Post by sportsluvr25 »

A wonderful person recreated the YW Certificates of Advancement and posted them for our use (including the ability to personalize them). You can find them here: https://hangaribbononthemoon.com/2016/0 ... pdf-files/
ibsweetmel

Post by ibsweetmel »

it's in neither place anymore. I have access to both cites, but the certificates are not in either place! help!
philipcraigscott1

Post by philipcraigscott1 »

I recently (being the ward clerk) had been asked to look for these as well, and after doing some investigation it appears that these Young Women Certificates of Advancement are obsoleted.
In the new general handbook I specifically looked in the same relevant section (11.3.1) and compared it to the obsoleted Handbook 2 section (10.3.1) and it just doesn't exist anymore.
I also tried searching the church store and they do not sell them anymore.
The only thing we can do is print certificates of achievement for youth turning 18, details can be found here https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/you ... s?lang=eng
The way to print the certificate of achievement has already been answered in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=37101

Hopefully this will help those desperately trying to find where it is to breathe a sigh of relief and know that they don't exist anymore since 2020.

Return to “Reports and Forms”