Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
cbozer
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby cbozer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:01 pm

We cannot locate a copy of the Officers Sustained Form for January 2015 Ward Conference in our paper records and it is required as part of the Ward Annual History. Before I call SLC and ask if they keep that record on file I thought I would post here first in case anyone else has encountered this.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2030
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby eblood66 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:10 pm

The officers sustained form is never transmitted to CHQ. If it's saved, it's only saved locally. So there is no way they would have a copy, You can check in MLS to see if you have a saved copy there (Membership > Ordinances > Saved Forms from the menu) but at this point it's unlikely. Saved forms are only saved for 1 year.

You'll probably have to do your best to recreate it as it would have been at that point. If you have minutes of callings and releases (such as from bishopric meetings) you might be able to figure it out).

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:52 pm

eblood66 wrote:You'll probably have to do your best to recreate it as it would have been at that point. If you have minutes of callings and releases (such as from bishopric meetings) you might be able to figure it out).


CDOL will have a record of an individual member's callings. But you can see them only if they are still in your ward/stake. I'm not sure about LCR. But that would help to confirm your research.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2030
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby eblood66 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:51 pm

russellhltn wrote:CDOL will have a record of an individual member's callings. But you can see them only if they are still in your ward/stake.

Do you know where that can be viewed for non-bishopric callings? I can't find any historical information for anybody in our ward. Our ward is new so we haven't had any bishopric changes. From past experience, I know that historical information about the bishopric is shown on the main page for the ward but that doesn't show information for all callings.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:56 pm

eblood66 wrote:Do you know where that can be viewed for non-bishopric callings?

You can't see history by position, only history by member. (Which in the CDOL is kind of tricky, since if they don't hold a current calling, you can't see them.) Even then, there seems to be a limit that prevents you from seeing positions outside of the ward/stake. In your case, it may prevent you from seeing callings in prior wards. Since you're a new unit, that would be very limiting.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2030
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby eblood66 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:20 pm

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:Do you know where that can be viewed for non-bishopric callings?

You can't see history by position, only history by member. (Which in the CDOL is kind of tricky, since if they don't hold a current calling, you can't see them.) Even then, there seems to be a limit that prevents you from seeing positions outside of the ward/stake. In your case, it may prevent you from seeing callings in prior wards. Since you're a new unit, that would be very limiting.

I was trying to look at a couple of members who changed callings today (their new positions show in CDOL now). I couldn't find any way to look a their individual information other than clicking on the Position Summary link under their current calling but that doesn't show their history. I also tried to use the search box but I couldn't find anyone in the ward other than the 'front-page' positions. I also tried someone else who has a current calling but was also released from another calling about a month ago in case there was a delay in the history showing up. No luck.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20775
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:35 pm

I see a few things here and there, but I'm not picking up on a pattern. I do see some non-front page callings (RS Meeting coordinator), so I'm not sure where the limit is.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Officers Sustained Form - Prior Year Record

Postby jonesrk » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:44 pm

russellhltn wrote:I see a few things here and there, but I'm not picking up on a pattern. I do see some non-front page callings (RS Meeting coordinator), so I'm not sure where the limit is.

In general they don't show, but there have been some that didn't delete correctly when they were released.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Reports and Forms”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LunaLupus and 1 guest