Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Brigitp
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:52 am

Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Postby Brigitp » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Under the organization tab there is an option for Cub Scouts that has sub groups for Bear, Wolf, etc. This means you can print reports for each group as well as a membership lists for the whole Cub Scouts organization.

How can you create this for activity days so I could have sub groups under the main class. I want to be able to run a report of each group as well as membership lists of all of the activity days girls. I have found how to split classes but now they don't seem to be able to print lists combined.

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2501
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm not as familiar with Activity Days – are they divided into ranks like Cub Scouts are?
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Postby lajackson » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:47 pm

sbradshaw wrote:I'm not as familiar with Activity Days – are they divided into ranks like Cub Scouts are?

Activity Days are for the older Primary girls. They are based on class, so I would expect that a class list would suffice, since it would include the same girls as an activity day list. Does LCR do individual class lists for Primary?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Postby aebrown » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:57 pm

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:I'm not as familiar with Activity Days – are they divided into ranks like Cub Scouts are?

Activity Days are for the older Primary girls. They are based on class, so I would expect that a class list would suffice, since it would include the same girls as an activity day list.

Not necessarily. Activity Days (described in HB2, 11.5.2) are for Primary girls ages 8-11. Primary classes are based on age as of January 1. So the CTR 7 class will contain girls who turn 8 throughout the year. Those who are 8 are eligible to participate in Activity Days; those who are still 7 are not.

Some wards choose to have the class teachers handle Activity Days, in which case the class list would suffice, but the CTR 7 teacher would just need to keep track as girls turn throughout the year. But I've also been in wards (such as my current ward) where Activity Days for girls were divided into two groups, one for the 8-9 year olds, and one for the 10-11 year olds (with separate leaders called just for Activity Days). In that scenario, using class lists wouldn't work out very well.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Postby jonesrk » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:27 am

Brigitp wrote:How can you create this for activity days so I could have sub groups under the main class. I want to be able to run a report of each group as well as membership lists of all of the activity days girls. I have found how to split classes but now they don't seem to be able to print lists combined.

With the split classes you will have to print the lists separately and for those that want the combined list, you will have to just give the one for each class. The reason this is different than cub scouts is that cub scout has defined breaks by age so that we can programmatically split them and know who should be in each one. For activity days they can be split in different ways. There is nothing that says if you split them it has to be by age or even that each year should be split.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Reports and Forms”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest