Quarterly Report - Members Moved 3/20 & 3/30

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
dablake

Re: Quarterly Report - Members Moved 3/20 & 3/30

Post by dablake »

Post #10:
CWatsonJr wrote:It is indeed only the last month of the quarter that is counted and not the average of the quarter, except for Sacrament Meetings, that is averaged over the quarter. Another thing the Ward Council likes to do is count if individuals showed up any time during the quarter. As Ward Clerks we need to be sure the report is correct before it is submitted. You still have time to correct it if you need to.
I believe even Sacrament meeting count should be as noted in the remarks when one clicks on "Sacrament Meeting Attendance" on the Quarterly Report, which states: "Record the average Sacrament meeting attendance for the last month of the quarter. Include in your count all individuals, including nonmembers, who attended Sacrament meeting." So it appears it's the average of the last month of the quarter rather than the average of the entire quarter. Years ago it use to be the average of the 3 months in the quarter. Not sure of the reason for the change.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

calnaluai wrote:I believe even Sacrament meeting count should be as noted in the remarks when one clicks on "Sacrament Meeting Attendance" on the Quarterly Report
That's correct. You quoted post #10, and its misstatement was corrected in posts 12, 13, 17, 18, and 19.
calnaluai wrote:Years ago it use to be the average of the 3 months in the quarter. Not sure of the reason for the change.
My memory as a clerk doesn't extend to any time when the whole quarter was averaged; that must have been many, many years ago. I'm guessing that we average only the last month of each quarter to make everything consistent and simpler.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:My memory as a clerk doesn't extend to any time when the whole quarter was averaged; that must have been many, many years ago.
It was back when we used to check our email by candlelight, for those of you too young to remember. [grin]

But that was long, long ago. As explained, the current standard is the last month of the quarter.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:It was back when we used to check our email by candlelight, for those of you too young to remember. [grin]
Back in the days of horse-drawn computers, when the mountains were forming and the lakes were filling up.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:
calnaluai wrote:Years ago it use to be the average of the 3 months in the quarter. Not sure of the reason for the change.
My memory as a clerk doesn't extend to any time when the whole quarter was averaged; that must have been many, many years ago. I'm guessing that we average only the last month of each quarter to make everything consistent and simpler.
My memory goes back to when the report was monthly. But when the reports were switched to quarterly, I don't know as it ever covered the whole quarter. Although, I would imagine that many units continued to tally sacrament attendance each Sunday since it's easy to do and to keep the habit. Otherwise, it would be easy to forget to count on the last month of the quarter and there's no way of reconstructing an accurate number after the fact.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dablake

Post by dablake »

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:
My memory goes back to when the report was monthly. But when the reports were switched to quarterly, I don't know as it ever covered the whole quarter. Although, I would imagine that many units continued to tally sacrament attendance each Sunday since it's easy to do and to keep the habit. Otherwise, it would be easy to forget to count on the last month of the quarter and there's no way of reconstructing an accurate number after the fact.
I have similar recollections of being averaged for the quarter. I believe it was in the days of the NCR triple copy where we used hammer and chisel to submit our report. Be kind to us that may be over 70 :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't find anything definitive, but the change from monthly to quarterly reporting may have been in 1988.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The handbook also states (or used to) that Stake Presidents can ask for this data more often, but the official report is quarterly, Many stakes report the data monthly, but the quarterly report is only submitted through MLS/LCR quarterly.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

johnshaw wrote:The handbook also states (or used to) that Stake Presidents can ask for this data more often, but the official report is quarterly, Many stakes report the data monthly, but the quarterly report is only submitted through MLS/LCR quarterly.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/quarterly-report
The Quarterly Report includes information for only the last month of each quarter. However, the stake president or bishop may request this information monthly.
See also:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/bc/cle ... nglish.pdf
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Reports and Forms”