Names submitted for temple ordinances

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
whit2393

Names submitted for temple ordinances

Post by whit2393 »

How and when is the information on the quarterly report for names submitted for temple ordinances collected?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Names submitted for temple ordinances

Post by russellhltn »

If you're referring to the ward quarterly report, it'd done automatically by FamilySearch/CHQ. Note that it's not "names" but the number of members who have submitted a name. It's a measurement of ward participation, not how many names are being done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
whit2393

Post by whit2393 »

Is this number collected when the person reserves the names for ordinances or when the FOR is printed? Does it only count persons who do this in the last month of the quarter only anytime during the quarter?
Last edited by whit2393 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

whit2393 wrote:Is this number collected when the person reserves the names for ordinances or when the FOR is printed?
It is my understanding that just reserving the name is not sufficient. The member is counted when the FOR is printed or the name is otherwise released to the temple for the work to be done.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And if a member does it any time during the quarter, it will count for that quarter.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

So, when my wife sends names to her parents across the country to do family names (she prepared the FOR and reserved the names, they are temple workers and take the names with them for the work) their ward is credited for submitting the names and not ours?

The important thing is for the work to be done, I'm just trying to understand the numbers as I am not privy to how this new data point works. However, my Bishop is not shy about using the numbers in this report to beat on the Ward Council for not doing a good enough job in our stewardship.

Thanks for your insight.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davesudweeks wrote:So, when my wife sends names to her parents across the country to do family names (she prepared the FOR and reserved the names, they are temple workers and take the names with them for the work) their ward is credited for submitting the names and not ours?
No, as was explained above, the submission is counted when the FOR is generated. So in the scenario, your wife (and her ward/stake) would receive credit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Keep in mind, it's not about how many names, it's about how many people are doing it. Your wife = 1. You and your wife = 2.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CGolding

Post by CGolding »

lajackson wrote:And if a member does it any time during the quarter, it will count for that quarter.
Is this confirmed as accurate? Most Quarterly Report stats are drawn just from the last month of the quarter. Makes sense that with how this number is generated that it would be anytime during the month, but we want to make sure.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

CGolding wrote:
lajackson wrote:And if a member does it any time during the quarter, it will count for that quarter.
Is this confirmed as accurate? Most Quarterly Report stats are drawn just from the last month of the quarter. Makes sense that with how this number is generated that it would be anytime during the month, but we want to make sure.
I have not had the data to personally confirm this. But as you say, it should. It would be silly if some of the other items added to the report and mentioned in the Presiding Bishopric notice (Feb 1, 2014) were only for the last quarter, such as Individuals sealed to spouse in temple, and Prospective elders advanced to the Melchizedek Priesthood.

Return to “Reports and Forms”