Patriarchal Blessing Records

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jdizzy001

Patriarchal Blessing Records

Post by jdizzy001 »

My bishop wants a record of the members in our ward have not obtained Patriarchal Blessings. Is there somewhere, as a clerk, that I can obtain that information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal Blessing Records

Post by russellhltn »

No. It's not recorded in MLS - at all. You'll have to ask the members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdizzy001

Post by jdizzy001 »

Copy that. Thanks
araehl

Post by araehl »

Is there any discussion of this being added to LDS.org or MLS for the Bishop's sake? It would be REALLY helpful for the Bishop to know who has and who hasn't received their blessings - especially those of the youth that have/have not received theirs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

araehl wrote:Is there any discussion of this being added to LDS.org or MLS for the Bishop's sake?
We rarely know about things before they happen.

While I can't think of a solid doctrinal reason it hasn't been done, I also can't believe that it has gone on this long as a oversight.

Two thoughts do come to mind: First, Patriarchal Blessings are not a saving ordnance. By in large, the only "church" information stored on the member's record is the saving ordnances. Even baby blessings are not stored at the CHQ level.

Second, is an issue of "start up". While it's easy enough to add the field, the problem is getting the information. I don't know as Patriarchal Blessings were ever stored with a connection to the member's MRN. Note that the method of retrieving one's Patriarchal Blessing isn't automated, it requires someone to go find it. So there would be considerable work to bring such a field on-line and have it reasonably accurate. And then one would have to figure out the policy for situations when it is in error. (For example, the member says they got it, but the church has no record of it.)

If you want to suggest it, ask your stake president to take it up with the area authority or submit it as a feedback in the LCR application.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I like this idea.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”