New Quarterly Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
slawyoung

Re: New Quarterly Report

Post by slawyoung »

Although a prospective elder received the Melchizedek Priesthood and was ordained an Elder in MAR2016, he is not included in either of the following statistics for our quarterly report. how can this be fixed?

Adult males holding Melchizedek Priesthood
This information is provided by Church headquarters.

Prospective elders advanced to the Melchizedek Priesthood
Men age 19 or older advanced during the quarter. This information is provided by Church headquarters.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

slawyoung wrote:Although a prospective elder received the Melchizedek Priesthood and was ordained an Elder in MAR2016, he is not included in either of the following statistics for our quarterly report. how can this be fixed?

Adult males holding Melchizedek Priesthood
This information is provided by Church headquarters.

Prospective elders advanced to the Melchizedek Priesthood
Men age 19 or older advanced during the quarter. This information is provided by Church headquarters.
When was the ordination recorded? If it was recorded after the end of the quarter it would not be included even if the ordination happened before the deadline. Basically the systems at CHQ make a snapshot of the statistics early in the morning of the first day of the quarter based on the information available at that time. Once that snapshot is made it does not change based on information added or edited later. There is no way to update it. for this quarter the Elder will still have to be counted as a prospective elder.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:When was the ordination recorded? If it was recorded after the end of the quarter it would not be included even if the ordination happened before the deadline. Basically the systems at CHQ make a snapshot of the statistics early in the morning of the first day of the quarter based on the information available at that time.
if your theory is correct, I'm not sure as he'd be counted for "Prospective elders advanced to the Melchizedek Priesthood" in the next quarter either, since I'd expect the query to look at the ordination date. (Although, it might look at the recorded date, but it might have to dig though a log to do so.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:When was the ordination recorded? If it was recorded after the end of the quarter it would not be included even if the ordination happened before the deadline. Basically the systems at CHQ make a snapshot of the statistics early in the morning of the first day of the quarter based on the information available at that time.
if your theory is correct, I'm not sure as he'd be counted for "Prospective elders advanced to the Melchizedek Priesthood" in the next quarter either, since I'd expect the query to look at the ordination date. (Although, it might look at the recorded date, but it might have to dig though a log to do so.)
True. I wonder if they did account for that somehow or if it's a hole that will miss some priesthood advancements.
kdaymayday

Post by kdaymayday »

For a Temple Submission to count in our reports - there are rules - I want to make sure I understand all the rules
It has to be the first time it was submitted
It may be synonymous but it can't be a duplicate
Does it need to be in the first 4 generations?
Anything else?

Thanks.
Karen and Ted
NA SW Area Temple and Family History Consultants
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kdaymayday wrote:For a Temple Submission to count in our reports - there are rules - I want to make sure I understand all the rules
It has to be the first time it was submitted
I believe it only counts when you submit it for the first ordinance; you don't get separate credit if you separately submit for BC, then I, then E, then SP, then SS.
kdaymayday wrote:It may be synonymous but it can't be a duplicate
I'm not sure what you mean by "duplicate" -- it can't have the same ID, but beyond that, it's certainly possible that it is a distinct person in FamilySearch with a different ID, but refers to the same historical person. Nonetheless, it will still count as a separate submission.
kdaymayday wrote:Does it need to be in the first 4 generations?
No. There is no restriction on how closely an individual is related for it to count.
kdaymayday wrote:Anything else?
Note that a submission counts when the ordinance is on a printed FOR or printed temple cards, or is shared with the Temple. It does not count to simply reserve a name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It should also be pointed out, for the report I think you're referring to, it's only the number of members who have submitted names - NOT the number of names submitted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”