Temple Divorce Form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 am

Temple Divorce Form

Postby llasater » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:09 pm

I'm the ward clerk and was asked by my Bishop to look into the paperwork for a Temple Divorce. Where is the form located to get started on this process?

User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 3165
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT

Re: Temple Divorce Form

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Instructions for the cancellation of a sealing can be found in Handbook 1, section 3.6.1. The form to be submitted is the "Application to the First Presidency," which is available in MLS.

As a side note, I would be careful about using the term "Temple Divorce." The word has a lot of things attached to it that don't apply to a temple sealing; for example, a member who has been legally divorced but is worthy can retain the blessings associated with her temple sealing, including even if they civilly marry another person outside the temple. Sealings are generally only annulled right before a person is ready to be sealed again (or if a person has disciplinary action, which is another topic).

Return to “Reports and Forms”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest