New Quarterly Report for 2014

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
drepouille

Re: New Quarterly Report for 2014

Post by drepouille »

Line 9 is automatically filled: "Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances".

However, information about recent converts on lines 22, 23, and 25 must be manually collected and entered.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

drepouille wrote:However, information about recent converts on lines 22, 23, and 25 must be manually collected and entered.
I don't think so. Lines 22 and 23 are taken from the check boxes below the lines, but there is no way to enter anything for line 25 (converts submitting names to the temple). That data is prefilled.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I can only comment on what I see at the stake level. After the first ward in our stake submitted its quarterly report, lines 22, 23, and 25 were populated. In all the other units, which had not yet submitted their reports, lines 22, 23, and 25 had zero values.

As each ward submitted its report, those zero values got changed to whatever the ward clerk had entered (or checked) on his end. Therefore, I have to assume those values were not automatically generated.

As of April 14th, only four of our 11 local units have submitted their reports, so I assume this extra work is quite a challenge for them. I'm sure General Conference didn't help them collect data.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

drepouille wrote:As of April 14th, only four of our 11 local units have submitted their reports, so I assume this extra work is quite a challenge for them.
There is no extra data to collect as compared to before, as was stated.
drepouille wrote:I'm sure General Conference didn't help them collect data.
This is more likely a reason. I'm still waiting for the Elder's Quorum secretary to give me any numbers...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:I can only comment on what I see at the stake level. After the first ward in our stake submitted its quarterly report, lines 22, 23, and 25 were populated. In all the other units, which had not yet submitted their reports, lines 22, 23, and 25 had zero values.

As each ward submitted its report, those zero values got changed to whatever the ward clerk had entered (or checked) on his end. Therefore, I have to assume those values were not automatically generated.
I wouldn't read too much into the fact that line 25 had a zero value for a ward. After all, for that value to be nonzero, the ward would have to have at least one convert in the last 12 months, and at least one of those converts would need to have submitted a name for temple work. Although I would love to think that every convert immediately starts working with a family history consultant to find and submit names for temple work, I have to think that the reality is that this combination of factors is relatively uncommon.

Now that we are measuring that number, I hope that will motivate priesthood leaders, ward mission leaders, family history consultants and others to make family history work a priority for new converts. But at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of zeroes on line 25.

Once your wards have all submitted their quarterly reports, you'll know for sure, but my guess is that those numbers are indeed automatically populated (as we have been told in official letters), and so the numbers will still be zero after the wards submit their reports.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Our ward's line 9 had a grand total of 2 (people submitting names for temple work), so I wasn't terribly surprised that line 25 (converts submitting names for temple work) was 0. I guess we have some (temple) work to do...

It would be nice to know if this number was only for March or for the 1st quarter. <tongue in cheek> If the former, I can see the bishopric telling everyone to wait until the last month of the quarter to submit their names. ;)
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Speaking of line 25, I just looked at the letter, "Using the Revised Ward Quarterly Report" dated 1 Feb 2014. It says, "The section titled “Converts (past 12 months)” now requests information on converts age 12 and older who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances."

I am getting really concerned that the ward clerks in my stake are not completing the quarterly report properly, and may not even know how to do it. In the section at the bottom of the report, where new converts are each named, several highly active new converts show "No" under the columns for "Attended sacrament meeting at least once last month?" and "If 12 or older, has a calling or responsibility?"

I have sent e-mails to the clerks who submitted those reports to ask them to double-check their entries.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Now that I hover over lines 22 through 25, I see the pop-up tool-tips that say lines 22 and 23 are calculated by the clerk, and lines 24 and 25 are provided by Church headquarters.

I am looking at the covert detail section of one ward's report. There are six converts, and every one of them has "No" in both columns. However, lines 22 and 23 have non-zero numbers. How is that possible? I would have assumed that lines 22 and 23 would be populated by clicking on Yes/No for each convert. Perhaps not!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We have identified an issue where MLS is not sending the convert detail back to CMIS. The totals for those lines are bring transmitted correctly, but the yes/no detail is not. We will be releasing a patch to MLS on Friday that corrects this. It should send the corrected data automatically for reports that were sent from MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:Speaking of line 25, I just looked at the letter, "Using the Revised Ward Quarterly Report" dated 1 Feb 2014. It says, "The section titled “Converts (past 12 months)” now requests information on converts age 12 and older who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances."
Unfortunately, that wording is rather misleading. That section does not "request" information on converts -- it supplies information. As you noted, the help for line 25 makes it clear that the information is filled in by CHQ. But we should all ignore the implication of that one word "requests" from the official letter.

Return to “Reports and Forms”