Quarterly Report Discrepancy: MLS vs. Web

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
eblood66

Re: Quarterly Report Discrepancy: MLS vs. Web

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:However, I think MLS values might change based on records being moved out. We've observed that with HT/VT stats.
That's never been the case before. Quarterly Report numbers have always been frozen and aren't changed by record moves after the end of the quarter.

I'm pretty sure that Quarterly Report numbers are permanently stored whereas HT/VT stats are recalculated on demand based on current data.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

I have a question about Children on the new 2014 quarterly form.

Why do we need to count children for line 21 ages 3-11 when the only thing that matters most is the number of children 8-11 who are funded. Everyone else is not funded.

What would be better, more clear and accurate for the new 2014 quarterly would be the following.
Children ages 0 through 2 (Not funded) This is good no needs yet.
Children ages 3 through 7 (Not funded) Should of been.
Children ages 8 through 11 years (The important ones that get funded) Big needs

We always thought that line 21 Children ages 3-11 attending Primary were always counted and funded this is false.
Last edited by Daryl1 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

daryl1 wrote:Why do we need to count attending children for line 21 ages 3-11 when the only thing that matters is the number of children 8-11 who are funded. Everyone else is not funded or counted for Financial.
There are many useful purposes for the Quarterly Report. Funding is just one (relatively minor) reason for reporting. The Church is interested in data for many reasons. Long before there was any relationship at all between the quarterly report and budget allowances, we reported attendance on Primary.
daryl1 wrote:I have a Primary President who is not very happy about this. Primary should be funded 3-11 not just 8-11.
The extra funding based on children 8-11 is for activities (Cub Scouts and Activity Days). Note that this is EXTRA funding. The remainder of the funding of Primary (and indeed for almost all organizations and other expenses in the ward) comes from the general budget allowance, which is based on sacrament meeting attendance.
daryl1 wrote:This causes fund raising to have to occur.
It really shouldn't. The only thing Primary is involved with where fund raising is even an option is the Cub Scout day camp. And that's only if the budget allowance is not sufficient and parents are unable to pay. All other expenses come from the budget allowance.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

Thank you for the feedback.

I do not care one way or the other. I am good with the new form. Being in leadership I have to help people. I blame most of the issues on the times we live in. It is getting more and more difficult to support scouts and fund activities for both boys and girls. The funding allocation is not even close to providing for Cubs Day Camp now $67 or so each. 11 year old scouts are also under Primary.

Return to “Reports and Forms”