Identifying Part-Member Families & Non-Members

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
steve.nahas

Identifying Part-Member Families & Non-Members

Post by steve.nahas »

... in MLS. I'm trying to identify all potential non-members associated with members listed in MLS to come up with a custom report to focus our ward missionary efforts.

In MLS I see some non-members married to members, and they DO have a Record Number ... which then has them showing up for reporting. For example, I choose "Member Status" IS NOT a "member" and I see them.

HOWEVER -- there are spouses and children who are non-members, but who do NOT have a Record Number ... I can't seem to find anyway to report on these folks.

Can you give me some information on how to better isolate non-members on reports?

Many thanks,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Identifying Part-Member Families & Non-Members

Post by russellhltn »

You can create a report on Part-member families this way:

Member Status - is not - Spouse is Member
Marriage Status - is - Married

I don't believe you can report on people who have no record in MLS. Note that there is no guarantee that any children listed on a member's record are living in the ward's boundaries. (Or for that matter - still alive.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
steve.nahas

Post by steve.nahas »

Thanks Russell ... this worked well, and *did* include spouses w/o record numbers in MLS, curiously! Now, how can I group it by households, showing children (whether members or not) ...

Thanks again!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I was Ward Clerk, I would usually list the Head of House as the first column of the report to group household members together. The report will then auto alphabetize based on household (you could place the HOH column elsewhere, but you would have to sort manually - reports always sort based on the first column when you run them). You get some duplications this way, but it is a fast and easy method and the duplications are easy to spot.

I'm sure others who are more experienced may have a better way.

Return to “Reports and Forms”