Membership Record Audit

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
LTORDUSA1-p40

Membership Record Audit

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

During a Membership Record Audit, The MLS reports Errors and Warnings found in the individual membership records. These Errors and Warnings may be "No birth place has been entered" or "No father has been specified." Birth place can be obtained from the individual or parents without much effort. However there are individuals who do not desire that the birth father be listed on their child's records. As a clerk I know this and do not ask further questions but as clerks change and people move, individuals are always pressed by the same question. I recommend a flag be placed in the membership record so that once the problem has be verified, it does not get raised again.

Another problem that arose was an adoptive mother is less than eight years older than a child (now an adult). This problem shows as a Warning and a flag could be used to show it has be considered and should be ignored permanently.

Thank you.

LTORDUSA1
opee

Post by opee »

LTORDUSA1 wrote:I recommend a flag be placed in the membership record so that once the problem has be verified, it does not get raised again.

Great idea. I like the idea that the information follows the member when they move from unit to unit. A clerk in my Stake had a similar suggestion. See this thread.
geek

Post by geek »

It's an excellent idea. There is a priesthood holder in my ward who has an atypical melchezidek priesthood ordination sequence dating back to the 1980s ... and he has a letter from a member of the twelve indicating it's fine. Of course, every time he moves (every few years) this becomes an issue because there's no institutional knowledge or designation that it's OK.
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
opee

Post by opee »

geek wrote:It's an excellent idea. There is a priesthood holder in my ward who has an atypical melchezidek priesthood ordination sequence dating back to the 1980s ... and he has a letter from a member of the twelve indicating it's fine. Of course, every time he moves (every few years) this becomes an issue because there's no institutional knowledge or designation that it's OK.

Have you checked to see if his Membership Record is annotated? I had a sister that was flagged on the Validation Report, and when it was fixed by HQ, it stated on her membership record that the First Presidency had ratified the ordinance. If he doesn't have this on his membership record, and it applies, then maybe you should check into it so the member does not have to rely on the letter from the Quorum of the 12.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I thought there was a way introduced in MLS 2.8 that allowed you to tell MLS to ignore those red flag. I guess this issue is if that information stays with the record when it moves from the unit that told MLS to ignore the percieved problem.

Return to “Reports and Forms”