Sample Expense authorization/reiumbursment form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
quandmeme

Sample Expense authorization/reiumbursment form

Postby quandmeme » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:29 am

We have been using these forms for a year in our ward and are quite proud of how the size works with check stubs and receipts.

Reimbursement form.pdf
(13.21 KiB) Downloaded 884 times

Reimbursement form.docx
(19.13 KiB) Downloaded 537 times

Deliberate changes to the ancient photocopied version that has been floating around the stake:
-Forget sales tax
-Don't mess with addresses
-Have an option for one person to request a check to be sent to the service provider (i.e. the Boy Scout Council).
-Absolutely no reason for both signers to sign of the check to initial the request form too

Criticism: the double lines may draw attention to the bottom portion instead of serving as a divider as was intended. We still get forms without requestor and organization head signatures so I'm considering more emphasis next print run. (i.e. no one reads the top box)

Anyone else want to post theirs?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:21 pm

syncretic wrote:-Forget sales tax

If you are in Utah, North Carolina, or Canada, then sales tax must be calculated somehow, and putting it on the form would be helpful. If not, then I would completely agree in the simplification of removing it from the form.

syncretic wrote:-Don't mess with addresses

For members of your unit, an address is not needed. But for miscellaneous payees, it may well be essential. In most cases it should be on an invoice or receipt, so you might not need it on the form.

syncretic wrote:-Have an option for one person to request a check to be sent to the service provider (i.e. the Boy Scout Council).

That happens a lot, even just for reimbursements (e.g., the organization secretary may be the requestor, but the person to be reimbursed is some other member).

syncretic wrote:-Absolutely no reason for both signers to sign of the check to initial the request form too

Agreed. That sounds like a "foolish tradition of the fathers." There's no need for any signer of the check to initial the request form. Only one approval signature is needed (the bishop's), but if you want to have an additional organization approval, that's your option.

syncretic wrote:Anyone else want to post theirs?

There are already several sample forms posted on the wiki in the Forms section of the Expenses article.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Reports and Forms”