Definition of a Young Single Adult

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
josephwnewton

Re: Definition of a Young Single Adult

Post by josephwnewton »

You wrote "a YSA is a person who is not married and is 18-30 years old for whom we have a membership record."

Thank you for posting this definition! I urge Church programmers to add that definition to the help window that pops up when MLS users click on the "?" button when they are rushing to fill out the Quarterly Report form.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re:

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:If the form is being filled out by a YSA ward, then it seems straightforward - all members are YSA.
This is somewhat tangential, but there are frequently 17-year-old college students living in student housing, particularly at church schools, who are members of the YSA ward but are reported as young men or young women on the quarterly report.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Re:

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:This is somewhat tangential, but there are frequently 17-year-old college students living in student housing, particularly at church schools, who are members of the YSA ward but are reported as young men or young women on the quarterly report.
The OP referred to a "YSA monthly report". I'm not sure what the definition is for that report.

But yes, the quarterly report may work as you say. Likewise, a YSA ward may contain some "aged out YSA" that no longer meet the Handbook definition of YSA.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
winniethephoo1234

Post by winniethephoo1234 »

I'm a senior in high school and will graduate on June 15. My 18th birthday is September 22,2000. I will still be 17 when I graduate. Would I be considered a YSA after I graduate?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

winniethephoo1234 wrote:I'm a senior in high school and will graduate on June 15. My 18th birthday is September 22,2000. I will still be 17 when I graduate. Would I be considered a YSA after I graduate?
No. YSA starts at 18.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”