Sacrament Meeting and Hymn Tracking forms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

Also, in the olden days, there *were* records kept of who prayed, spoke, administered and passed the Sacrament. That was my first calling as a clerk in a ward mannnnnny years ago.
jirp

Re: Sacrament Meeting and Hymn Tracking forms

Post by jirp »

Here is a slightly tweaked and updated form of jbh001's Hymn tracker. 2013 date with a little bit of information compilation(more in the excel version) and error monitoring(office only) added. Everything should be in both versions but my spreadsheet skills weren't up to doing it quickly

HymnTracker.xls
(286 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
HymnTracker.ods
(72.03 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
pwilbur

Post by pwilbur »

We use 2 forms for Sacrament planning. Both are google drive spreadsheets so multiple users can access and update the same doc. Under the SHARE option, access should be private to only those with needed access.

One is a planning sheet with speakers and music. It lists the themes, speakers, topics, and music information. Access is given to the bishopric, Sunday bulletin editor and music people. Each can contribute for the planning of the meetings and info for the bulletin editor.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 2dXc#gid=5

The other list a tracking history of who has prayed or spoken in sacrament. This list, populated by MLS, is of ward members (those less active or not willing to participate removed) who can be called to pray or speak. Dates are added to the name after each meeting. Access is given to bishopric members only.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... xNkE#gid=0

Hope someone finds this as helpful as we have.
jenny_smith

Post by jenny_smith »

I appreciate all the help from everyone with the sacrament meeting tracking forms. I have made a few additions that I'm sharing here in case it's as helpful to others as the above were to me.

The reason I'm posting this is the "Agenda" sheet, which takes data from the initial (ugly) spreadsheet and formats it in a way that can be printed for use on Sundays. This doc is shared with the bishopric, exec sec, ward music director (me), organist, choir director, assistant organist, and bulletin creator so that we all know what's happening all the time. Click on the tiny arrow in the upper left to pull in the data from any week on the chart. Hymn titles populate when the hymn nymber is entered in the column.

I've added a column for other date information that may or may not relate to music. For example, I had us sing We Thank Thee O God for A Prophet the week of President Monson's birthday. I note the Primary Presentation, etc, so that we don't schedule things on those dates. Also, we have columns for assistant director and organist. Asst. director in our unit is a child/youth who conducts opening and closing songs beside the regular director. Our Asst. organist doesn't know all the songs, so I note which one that person will play at the end to keep us all straight.

The doc also includes a hymn use counter stolen from here. I put in notes on the hymn data list for whether the song is difficult to conduct or whatever. Thanks for all those who wrote the code I copied to make those tabs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If I were the executive secretary, I'd create pretty sheets for displaying members' last speaking dates and prayers. I'm not the executive secretary, so I didn't write the time to write that tracking stuff. I created the "Agenda" tab with him in mind, but he's not used it yet. May not ever....

<WHINE>Seriously, Tech Types -- something like this ought to be a part of the online LDS Calendar. There's no sense in each unit re-inventing the wheel for these basic administrative tasks.</WHINE>
jirp

Post by jirp »

Jenny looking good. I will have to play with it when I have time to see if it works for us.
rosneyrivera

Post by rosneyrivera »

un formato para hacer seguimiento a las Reuniones Sacramentales :D
msonners

Post by msonners »

"The other list a tracking history of who has prayed or spoken in sacrament. This list, populated by MLS, is of ward members (those less active or not willing to participate removed) who can be called to pray or speak. Dates are added to the name after each meeting. Access is given to bishopric members only.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... xNkE#gid=0

Hope someone finds this as helpful as we have."

The tracking history of who has spoken and when is a great help. I am trying to put something together that can tell me how long it has been since a certain member has spoken or color code those who haven't spoken for 6, 12, 18 etc months.
Suxueling

Post by Suxueling »

Time Savior!!!! Thank you so much. I adapted this to my own spread sheet. Never thought about V-look ups so this totally saved me a ton of time! I don't work with Excel a ton so I don't think of these things often...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I have been doing a hymns survey for the past year to find out what hymns are sung most in sacrament meetings. There are about 40 people (40 wards) who responded each week in 2015, and now I'm trying to gather together hymn tracking forms that wards used in 2015 to fill in the blanks and supplement what's been gathered so far, before I total up the final results. If you or anyone in your ward/stake has these lists, that'd be great if you could send them to me (samuel.h.bradshaw@gmail.com). I'll make sure to publish the final results.

I hope the information will help ward music leaders get an idea of what hymns people are familiar with and which ones are less known, and help them as they plan future sacrament meetings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

sbradshaw wrote:I have been doing a hymns survey for the past year to find out what hymns are sung most in sacrament meetings. There are about 40 people (40 wards) who responded each week in 2015, and now I'm trying to gather together hymn tracking forms that wards used in 2015 to fill in the blanks and supplement what's been gathered so far, before I total up the final results. If you or anyone in your ward/stake has these lists, that'd be great if you could send them to me (samuel.h.bradshaw@gmail.com). I'll make sure to publish the final results.

I hope the information will help ward music leaders get an idea of what hymns people are familiar with and which ones are less known, and help them as they plan future sacrament meetings.

Would love to see results when you are done.

Thanks.

-Dan Bollard
Sunset Ward Clerk
Las Vegas Nevada Warm Springs Stake

Return to “Reports and Forms”