Sacrament Meeting and Hymn Tracking forms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

And if anyone is interested, I just finished an Access Database in Office 2007 that produces Sacrament meeting agendas and tracks speaking assignments. It doesn't, however, produce reports for which hymns have been sung or which people have prayed.

I can't shrink it down to a size that I can attach here, unfortunately, but if you want to play with it, send me a message with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nutterb wrote:I can't shrink it down to a size that I can attach here, unfortunately,
Not even after you purge the data, do a "Compact and Repair" and Zip it?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

RussellHltn wrote:Not even after you purge the data, do a "Compact and Repair" and Zip it?
After the Compact and Repair, zipping it brings it down to 916 Kb. I think the limit for a zip file on here is about 100 Kb. It probably has something to do with the table that has all of the hymns listed for look up.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Wow. That is small. I'll see what can be done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wphatch

Post by wphatch »

:cool:Hi all
I am in Australia, I can see the benefit of your Spreadsheet , but I would like one that goes that bit more. I want a Spreadsheet or is it Excel that will enable one to fill in all of the Sacrament meetings content including callings, announcements, and other instruction for the person conducting the meeting. So that we can yes track the talks/hymns/prayers, but also have the page relate to a report that will print out each week in a program formate in order of how the meeting will run. So that one does not have to enter the data in to the tracker and then into the programme etc.
When I was at uni they touch on this method, but I have not needed to use it till now and can not remember how to do it or where to even start. I can not even remember the name of the technique but the figure eight on its side had something to do with it can anyone help me set this up as it would save time. to entre the dater and track it and print a programme report at the same time
Cheers, Warrick
wphatch

Sacrament names

Post by wphatch »

Hi
I am a branch President

I only record the names to use with the YM to insure that the Presidents of those quorums are giving all the YM an opportunity to serve in relation to the sacrament. I also record those who prepare it for the same reason.

When serving as a Acting Bishop some years ago I do remember the letter saying that you should only excuse the “priesthood” from the table but not thank them as you thank those that participated in the meeting at the end and that should do.

As it is youth that are often serving at the table and they can be new to the experience I have found that it is more reverent to request that they now return to the congregation for 2 reason so that it is orderly and not a rushed thought by YM. It also has been very helpful in stopping the practice of YM leaving the meeting strait after the Sacrament has been served and then having to indicate to the YM President to chase them up. At times Youth were telling their parents that they were instructed to go out side to perform duties, which was untrue. The practice of having them wait till instructed has proven to be effective in stopping them from leaving the chapel after serving at the table. I would also suggest that the people ushering though out the rest of the meeting not be those that serve on the sacrament table.

I would never announce their names and have never heard of it before and do not ever remember a letter suggesting to do that or even to stop doing it and therefore if it was on a Stake level instruction not to, then maybe it was because that was the only Stake doing it?

Cheers, Warrick
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nutterb wrote:After the Compact and Repair, zipping it brings it down to 916 Kb. I think the limit for a zip file on here is about 100 Kb. It probably has something to do with the table that has all of the hymns listed for look up.
The limits have been expanded. The zip file will now post.

nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Okay, this was created in Access 2007. It is password protected. The default password is 'clerk' (without the quotes). Feel free to send me feedback and suggestions and I might possibly get around to doing more work on it someday. But, as always, time is limited.

Also, if anyone is better with Access than I am, please feel free to make modifications and share.

PS. Thanks Russell! And thanks Mikerowaved for the offer to host it online before the attachment limits were expanded.

EDIT: See, already had to make one change. Thanks JD
Attachments
Meeting Programs Empty.zip
(888.82 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
goldenbear70

Post by goldenbear70 »

I am on a mission and have been called into the Branch Presidency in a foreign country. Due to a lack of priesthood members and experienced leadership, everything is being done by one person, the Branch President. I am trying to assist him by setting up the Sacrament topics, Scriptural references for the talks, and corresponding hymns for future meetings, and I used to have such a spreadsheet when I served in a bishopric years ago, but I have lost it. Does anyone have a cross-referenced spreadsheet like this (topics/Scriptural references/hymns)?
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

The "2/12 minute talk" term goes back to before the block when there were two 2 1/2 minute talks during Sunday School opening exercises, and in Sacrament Meeting, later in the day, there were one or two "youth speakers" who would usually be assigned a talk to last about 5 minutes. But, of course, that was when Sacrament Meeting lasted an hour and half.

Return to “Reports and Forms”