Moving hometeaching couples from Highpriest to Elders quorum

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
janslingerland

Moving hometeaching couples from Highpriest to Elders quorum

Post by janslingerland »

How do I change a complete hometeaching couple from the highpriest group to the elders quorum?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Moving hometeaching couples from Highpriest to Elders quorum

Post by russellhltn »

I doubt if you can move a companionship. You'll probably have to delete it from the HPG and have the Elders re-create it. I assume the husband is an elder?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Moving hometeaching couples from Highpriest to Elders quorum

Post by lajackson »

In the elders quorum home teaching side, add the husband as a home teacher in the desired district. If LCR will let you, you will get a note that he is already home teaching and it will ask if you want to move him, his companion, and his families to the new district. If that happens, you are in luck. If not, you will have to manually add his wife as companion, and then the families they home teach.

It works within a quorum or group. I just don't know if it works between elders and high priests. But it is worth a shot. Do not delete the current companionship. Just try to set it up again under the elders quorum.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”