Written notice of a disciplinary council

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
milleju

Written notice of a disciplinary council

Post by milleju »

I am a Ward Clerk preparing to attend and record a disciplinary council for the first time. One question I have is what I am supposed to do with the signed statement required to be given to me by the two Melchizedek Priesthood holders who personally delivered the written notice of a disciplinary council, certifying that the member was notified and describing how he was notified? The online Report of Church Disciplinary Action form doesn't seem to ask for this in any way and I don't see any further instructions in the handbook.
eblood66

Re: Written notice of a disciplinary council

Post by eblood66 »

milleju wrote:I am a Ward Clerk preparing to attend and record a disciplinary council for the first time. One question I have is what I am supposed to do with the signed statement required to be given to me by the two Melchizedek Priesthood holders who personally delivered the written notice of a disciplinary council, certifying that the member was notified and describing how he was notified? The online Report of Church Disciplinary Action form doesn't seem to ask for this in any way and I don't see any further instructions in the handbook.
Before the online tool you would include it with the other documentation when sending the report on to the Stake and they would include it when they send it to the CHQ. But as you saw there isn't any option to upload it in the online tool. I had the same question the one time I used the online tool and I didn't find any specific answer either. I just retained it until the disciplinary council action showed up on the person's membership record and then destroyed it with the rest of the documentation from the council.
simonawright

Re: Written notice of a disciplinary council

Post by simonawright »

I thought there was an option to upload additional documentation at the end of the online form.

Return to “Reports and Forms”