Primary Rolls missing some names

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jwnice wrote:Are you sure that the children that are missing are child of record?
This has always been the solution to the problem for us. Some children were added but MLS did not recognize them as members or record, just non-member children.
drbailey05-p40

Post by drbailey05-p40 »

lajackson wrote:This has always been the solution to the problem for us. Some children were added but MLS did not recognize them as members or record, just non-member children.

I have had a similar experience. I have input a few non member children into the system but it is very limited in the kind of info you can enter. Name and address. No age or anything else. Also, no way of putting them in a primary class or being able to keep track of them in any way. I assume if they are non member children, the primary presidency just tracts them off the record. Am I wrong on this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drbailey05 wrote:I have had a similar experience. I have input a few non member children into the system but it is very limited in the kind of info you can enter. Name and address. No age or anything else. Also, no way of putting them in a primary class or being able to keep track of them in any way. I assume if they are non member children, the primary presidency just tracts them off the record. Am I wrong on this?
It is true that you cannot specify an age for a nonmember, so they cannot be automatically assigned to Primary classes based on age. But you can manually add nonmembers to a primary class. In MLS, go to Organizations, Primary, Class Members, then find the class. Click on the Add Members link, and add the nonmember child to the class.
drbailey05-p40

Post by drbailey05-p40 »

That is the direction I went but when going to the add members link it only gave me options for children of record. Even at that, there was only a few names and these were ones that had not been assigned to a class as of yet due to some changes I was in the process of making. I will try again this week by closely following your guidelines. I will let you know if I experience any problems. Thanks for your help.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I just tested it and didn't have any problems. Here is what i did:

1. From the menu bar, navigate to Membership > Records > Nonmember Record, and create a record for the individual (in your situation this step is likely unnecessary).
2. From the menu bar, navigate to Organizations > Primary > Class Members.
3. Set both of the Show: dropdown lists to All.
4. Scroll down to the target class and click its corresponding Add Members link.

The pop-up window that then came up listed every record that was not already assigned to a Primary class, including the nonmember record I created in step 1. (I used the name of "Aaron Aadams" for the nonmember record to be sure it would show up at the top of the list.)

FWIW, the quickest and easiest way I have found to look at all of the nonmember records in your system is to navigate (from the menu bar) to Membership > Records > Remove Nonmember. If you are just browsing, you can simply cancel out of the pop-up window that results.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”