Current training material

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jamesbcomstock

Current training material

Post by jamesbcomstock »

Hello -
I apologize in advance if this information is on here already - I have looked, but have not found it.

I have read the MLS manual, and watched the training presentations, and they do not seem to be current with the recently updated system. I was called in February, so I am not familiar with the system before the change.

Is there a manual and/or training available that uses the new system? How to handle month end financial reports properly, without the old reconciliation process that is outlined in the training is particularly confusing.

It appears that it is simpler than it used to be, but the fact that I can't find the proper new process outlined anywhere is rather frustrating.

Regards -

James
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jamesbcomstock wrote:I have read the MLS manual, and watched the training presentations, and they do not seem to be current with the recently updated system. I was called in February, so I am not familiar with the system before the change.

Is there a manual and/or training available that uses the new system? How to handle month end financial reports properly, without the old reconciliation process that is outlined in the training is particularly confusing.
The on-line training has not been updated to reflect the Church Unit Banking Services (CUBS). You may want to look at what there is in the Clerk Wiki. The Finance section has articles for CUBS that will be helpful - such as the one titled CUBS additional clarification.

Essentially there is no reconciliation as it was known before. Instead you will get a monthly unit financial statement (UFS) in MLS that has a reconciliation section in it. There is more information in the wiki Unit Financial Statement article.

You will find that the most current information is in the wiki and in the threads discussing issues related to the new CUBS in these forums. There are several bugs affecting the budget report, income and expense report, and "Other" category. Those are discussed in several forum threads.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”