Billing to Unit

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
AdobeNinja-p40

Billing to Unit

Post by AdobeNinja-p40 »

I am a new ward clerk and I just ordered the materials for the 2011 curriculum. At checkout there is the option to bill to unit, which I selected. Now that the order is billed to the ward unit what do I need to do now? Do I need to write a check to the church from our ward budget or is it deducted automatically from the stake level?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AdobeNinja wrote:I am a new ward clerk and I just ordered the materials for the 2011 curriculum. At checkout there is the option to bill to unit, which I selected. Now that the order is billed to the ward unit what do I need to do now? Do I need to write a check to the church from our ward budget or is it deducted automatically from the stake level?

The Bill to Unit option means that it will automatically be deducted from whatever unit ordered it. Since you ordered it on behalf of your ward, it will automatically be deducted from your ward's account. Don't write a check. The deduction will show up as an expense in the "Budget: Distribution Center" category in your ward's MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”