Agent Ward

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Additionally, I have helped influence in our stake that the Agent Ward be the First Ward in the building. Nothing worse than being out of ink in the copier and having the toner locked up in the clerk office of the agent ward meeting 3 hours from now....

That way the Agent Ward eats their own dogfood sunday morning, sacrament cups, snow shoveling, copiers, etc...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jshawut wrote:Nothing worse than being out of ink in the copier and having the toner locked up in the clerk office of the agent ward meeting 3 hours from now....
And here I was thinking it was best if they were the last ward - that way they get the responsibility for closing the building and emptying the diaper pails.

Supplies can run out at any time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jdlessley wrote: The Handbook does not mention an agent ward. It does describe the responsibilities of an agent bishop. This may sound like semantecs to some but the responsibilty for each meetinghouse is assigned to a bishop by the stake president and not to a ward....
Thanks for the clarification. While our bishop is indeed in charge, and ultimately responsible, we as his ward members are the subject of his delegation, and we take a much more active role (and do much more work in all these areas) when he is the Agent Bishop. In this way, I feel it's a ward accomplishment.
RussellHltn wrote:And here I was thinking it was best if they were the last ward...
...Supplies can run out at any time.....
Middle ward is the cake! No set-up of cultural hall, RS or Primary rooms, and no take-down of same! Ditto for diapers- We just supply the dirty ones!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”