Temple Recommend Book

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
marcfromm

Temple Recommend Book

Post by marcfromm »

No place at store.lds.org can I find a way to order a temple recommend book. How do I order these?
I found older posts stating I need to call GSC. With everything going digital, even mission calls, is this still the case? must I call the GSC?

thanks
Biggles

Re: Temple Recommend Book

Post by Biggles »

Yes! At the moment calling the GSC is the only way to order a temple recommend book. We don’t know if this will change in the future.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Biggles wrote:Yes! At the moment calling the GSC is the only way to order a temple recommend book. We don’t know if this will change in the future.
Actually, that's not true. I ordered recommend books online just a little over a week ago (I ordered on Sunday and they arrived on Friday).

You have to be logged in and have a calling that allows access to unit-only items (I'm an Assistant Ward Clerk). Select Units and Callings > Wards, Branches, Stake and Districts from the menu and then Recommends from the list on the left.

A couple weeks ago I was having problems that after I logged in it still didn't show that I was logged in and I couldn't access unit-only items. So after you log in make sure to click on the My Store Account menu in the upper right hand corner and check to make sure it shows your name to ensure that you're logged in.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Thank you, I stand corrected! :D
marcfromm

Post by marcfromm »

I got it figured out. You can order them online now, as stated above. thanks eblood66.

Reference for future searchers on this topic:
I noticed there was no limited use book (book 3) to order. I was told to search for item number 0949700 at store.lds.org but that returned no results. I found out that these recommends are issued through lcr under membership.
claytonzaugg

Post by claytonzaugg »

Can confirm, store.lds.org ONLY if you're logged in and have rights on your account to order them. They ARE under recommends.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

claytonzaugg wrote:Can confirm, store.lds.org ONLY if you're logged in and have rights on your account to order them. They ARE under recommends.
I have found that login credentials are NEVER passed to the online store (at least that has been my experience). I always have to login on the store, even if I am already logged in on lds.org. I don't know if this is the intended behavior or not, but as suggested, you have to make sure you are logged in before you will see items that are tied to a particular calling.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”