Getting started for new Ward Executive secretary

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
bhoth

Getting started for new Ward Executive secretary

Post by bhoth »

Hi All,

I just got called as the Ward Executive Secretary and I am looking for info and what technology is available. The former secretary used Word for a calendar and I am thinking google calendar or something else online.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Getting started for new Ward Executive secretary

Post by sbradshaw »

I would recommend trying out the LDS.org Calendar first: https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bhoth

Post by bhoth »

Ok I just took a look at the Bishop interview calendar and I don't even see how to manage access, who has the rights to look at this calendar. My bishop made it clear to me only He, myself and the assistant ward clerk should be privy to this calendar.

If I can't manage the right to do this then it won't work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bhoth wrote:Ok I just took a look at the Bishop interview calendar and I don't even see how to manage access, who has the rights to look at this calendar. My bishop made it clear to me only He, myself and the assistant ward clerk should be privy to this calendar.

If I can't manage the right to do this then it won't work.
If it's a "public" calendar, then any one in the ward can see it.

If it's a "private" calendar, then you can set who has rights to see and/or edit it. It can be specified by calling. Just note that anyone in the bishopric (including clerks and secretary) can edit that list, so they can grant themselves access. But apparently, that's been good enough for some units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhoth

Post by bhoth »

It is marked as private but any administrator can grant themselves rights and that's like 10 people.

I don't think that will fly. Thank you,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bhoth wrote:It is marked as private but any administrator can grant themselves rights and that's like 10 people.
Bishop
First Councilor
Second Councilor
Executive Secretary
Ward Clerk
Finance Clerk
Membership clerk
Ward Webmaster

... That 8. Who am I missing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's possible to have several ward assistant clerks.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

russellhltn wrote:If it's a "private" calendar, then you can set who has rights to see and/or edit it. It can be specified by calling. Just note that anyone in the bishopric (including clerks and secretary) can edit that list, so they can grant themselves access. But apparently, that's been good enough for some units.
That's not true, as a Ward Assistant Clerk I can deactivate it and delete it but I can NOT change the editors for A private calendar for which I am not an editor
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kd7mha wrote:That's not true, as a Ward Assistant Clerk I can deactivate it and delete it but I can NOT change the editors for A private calendar for which I am not an editor
You're right. That does seem to be the case.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”