Children not showing on lists

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
ktjohnson

Children not showing on lists

Post by ktjohnson »

Hope someone can guide me in the right way here, we have had a family move into our branch who have 3 children one is baptized the others are not as not yet 8, They are on the family part of the records with birth dates ect but do not show up on the primary list ect that are printed off. The mum and oldest daughter are converts dont know if that makes a difference to the way the record has been set up. Any clue or advise on what I need to do to sort this out so that they show on attendance forms.

thanks

:D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Children not showing on lists

Post by russellhltn »

ktjohnson wrote:The mum and oldest daughter are converts dont know if that makes a difference to the way the record has been set up.
Yes, it does. Typically, the mission (who handled convert baptisms), creates the record for a family, they will create a record only for those who have been baptized. They will note all the children on the parent's records in what I call the "genealogy" section, but will not create any Child of Record for the children of the family.

Children show up in the "genealogy section" even if they've grown up and moved out of the ward, or even if they are deceased. It's NOT an indication that there is a member record or child of record for them.

The children will NOT show up on any roles until a record is created. So, the solution here is to do a request to make sure the records don't already exist. If not, create a child of record for the children under 8, noting the permission requirements in Handbook 1:13.6.2, item #4.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ktjohnson

Re: Children not showing on lists

Post by ktjohnson »

thanks for the help thats great

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”