Stake Conference sustaining of leadership...

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
cdawardclerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Stake Conference sustaining of leadership...

Postby cdawardclerk-p40 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:12 am

As our Ward clerk am I to supply our Stake a document detailing our leadership postions prior to Stake Conference? I seem to remember a form in MLS that states the leadership callings of our ward. Is this form for Ward Conference only? Thank you for your help. :confused:

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:16 am

cdawardclerk wrote:As our Ward clerk am I to supply our Stake a document detailing our leadership postions prior to Stake Conference? I seem to remember a form in MLS that states the leadership callings of our ward. Is this form for Ward Conference only? Thank you for your help. :confused:


The "Officers Sustained--Ward" form is used only for ward conference. For stake conference, the stake will generate its own "Officers Sustained--Stake" form from MLS. The stake does not need any information from the individual wards to fill out this form.

cdawardclerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Postby cdawardclerk-p40 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Thank you Alan. I really appreciate your help!

cdawardclerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Officers Sustained form in MLS...

Postby cdawardclerk-p40 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:The "Officers Sustained--Ward" form is used only for ward conference. For stake conference, the stake will generate its own "Officers Sustained--Stake" form from MLS. The stake does not need any information from the individual wards to fill out this form.


For some reason (maybe a senior moment) I cannot find the form you are mentioning. I know about a month or so ago I must have stumbled on it because it was right before my eyes. Yesterday, while in MLS, I tried seemingly every link but could not find it. Could you please help me find the 'Officers Sustained' form in MLS?

Also, who is responsible for reading the names for sustaining? The Bishop? :confused:

danpass
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: Oregon City, OR
Contact:

Postby danpass » Mon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

cdawardclerk wrote:Also, who is responsible for reading the names for sustaining? The Bishop? :confused:


I don't know specifically what the policy is on this, but do know that it has always been one of the stake president's counselors that has done it in our ward conferences.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Mon May 11, 2009 2:31 pm

cdawardclerk wrote:For some reason (maybe a senior moment) I cannot find the form you are mentioning. I know about a month or so ago I must have stumbled on it because it was right before my eyes. Yesterday, while in MLS, I tried seemingly every link but could not find it. Could you please help me find the 'Officers Sustained' form in MLS?


The form is in MLS under Reports/Forms, Print Form. Then pick "Officers Sustained-Ward" from the list.

And here's a hint for finding things: Use the MLS Help system. If you go to Help, and use the Search function, and search for "Sustain", you'll find the information you were looking for.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

cdawardclerk wrote:Also, who is responsible for reading the names for sustaining? The Bishop?


If you look on the form, you'll find the answer: "A member of the stake presidency or an assigned high councilor is to present the full names of officers for sustaining."

cdawardclerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Officers Sustained-Ward MLS form...

Postby cdawardclerk-p40 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:The form is in MLS under Reports/Forms, Print Form. Then pick "Officers Sustained-Ward" from the list.

And here's a hint for finding things: Use the MLS Help system. If you go to Help, and use the Search function, and search for "Sustain", you'll find the information you were looking for.


Thank you...it would be nice if this form and maybe others were listed in a drop-down menu under 'Reports/Forms' so as not to be so obscure. Just a thought...

This LDS Technology Forum rocks! I really appreciate all the help I get from moderators and others. My learning curve gets shorter every time I receive help here...:D

atticusewig
Member
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 am

Postby atticusewig » Wed May 13, 2009 9:03 am

cdawardclerk wrote:Thank you...it would be nice if this form and maybe others were listed in a drop-down menu under 'Reports/Forms' so as not to be so obscure. Just a thought...


The reason (I believe) for not listing the form under a menu has to do
code maintaince and quicker patching. In an older version of MLS there
was an actual directory where all the forms were kept and with the
right knowhow you could actually put in your own forms (I was working
on an Administrative action form right before the church released the
official one). Now the forms are kept in a data file seperate from the
core java code. The idea is that when a form changes, particularly
the sustainings forms that change when a new apostle is called, they
can send the much smaller data file with the new forms down the wire
without having to rebuild the large java code file (which includes the menu subroutine).
It makes updates of forms over dialup connections much more tolerable.
Finding where things are in MLS is always an adventure thanks to such
tradeoffs that are made like these.

- Atticus Ewig

cdawardclerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Postby cdawardclerk-p40 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:31 am

atticusewig wrote:The reason (I believe) for not listing the form under a menu has to do
code maintaince and quicker patching. In an older version of MLS there
was an actual directory where all the forms were kept and with the
right knowhow you could actually put in your own forms (I was working
on an Administrative action form right before the church released the
official one). Now the forms are kept in a data file seperate from the
core java code. The idea is that when a form changes, particularly
the sustainings forms that change when a new apostle is called, they
can send the much smaller data file with the new forms down the wire
without having to rebuild the large java code file (which includes the menu subroutine).
It makes updates of forms over dialup connections much more tolerable.
Finding where things are in MLS is always an adventure thanks to such
tradeoffs that are made like these.

- Atticus Ewig


Thanks Atticas...for the info. I sometimes feel I'm on a treasure hunt when in MLS!


Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest