Church Calling History Report

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
nwoo

Church Calling History Report

Post by nwoo »

I am a ward clerk in Colorado. I have a member who is working on her personal family history and would like a report showing all the callings that she's held in the church.

Do you know how I can get this information for her?

Alternatively, do you know how she can get this information for herself?

Unfortunately, she's held many callings and can't remember all of them and the dates she served.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Church Calling History Report

Post by lajackson »

nwoo wrote:I have a member who is working on her personal family history and would like a report showing all the callings that she's held in the church.
I do not know of any report kept by the Church that would contain that information. She probably will need to rely on her memory, any family members or other member friends who may recall, and any journals she may have kept over the years.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nwoo wrote:I have a member who is working on her personal family history and would like a report showing all the callings that she's held in the church.
The church doesn't maintain a history of callings except for bishopric callings (including ward clerk and executive secretary but not including assistant clerks). Even then the history is only visible to leaders in the unit itself or to the stake.
nwoo

Post by nwoo »

Thanks brethren! That's unfortunate, but I will relay this information to her.

I wonder if this will be a useful feature on LDS.org though as people start to trace their own personal and family history.

Food for thought.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”