Calendar cleanup - removing an old location

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
bivaterl

Calendar cleanup - removing an old location

Post by bivaterl »

I am trying to remove a location that is no longer used (a school a unit used to meet in prior to the stake center being built).

There is no "remove" button at the bottom. I have access to edit and add building schedulers, etc. and even put myself on it to see if that changed permissions, but it didn't. What am I missing? I am a stake exec sec, not clerk - does that make a difference? (If so, I can ask him to check).

Ben Vaterlaus
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar cleanup - removing an old location

Post by russellhltn »

There are two ways a location can be added to the system - first is by the FM group. This is typically done for church-owned buildings. Those locations cannot be removed by a stake calendar admin.

The second is the location can be added by a stake calendar admin. For those, there will be a "remove" button in the bottom right of the center column when you go into edit mode. But that button won't be there for items added by the FM group.

If that button is not available to you, you can uncheck "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes". That will prevent any scheduling for that location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”