Correcting the LDS.org consolidation of emails?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lomondview

Correcting the LDS.org consolidation of emails?

Post by lomondview »

So I need my email not my wife's email to be the one listed on LDS.org. Not sure why it defaulted to hers and then sent me an email stating that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Correcting the LDS.org consolidation of emails?

Post by russellhltn »

The consolidation was between two different individual emails. One on the LDS Account, and one in the directory. My household email is still different from my individual one. In my experience, the email announcing the change was sent to both addresses.

As far as correcting, all you can do is change your individual email. There's no way to go back to having two individual emails.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can change your membership household and membership personal email at the LDS.org Directory, under My Household (or scroll to find your name in the list).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lomondview

Post by lomondview »

Now I've been contacted by ward members asking me to correct this problem. Should I tell them to contact HQ? I hope not.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeremybates wrote:Now I've been contacted by ward members asking me to correct this problem. Should I tell them to contact HQ?
They can change the email they use, but there's no way to go back to two emails. As such, there's no way to 'correct' this. Somehow I can't see the stake president pushing this up to the area authority. All I can suggest is to have members submit feedback, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”