template: new ward clerk introduction letter

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
kisaac
Community Moderators

template: new ward clerk introduction letter

Post by kisaac »

Attached is a "new clerk introduction letter template" I used in my stake position to welcome new ward clerks and begin our stake "training." It would be best to follow this letter (or email) with a face-to-face training meeting where you could discuss specific stake policies, the quarterly report, membership audits, etc. I had a little more personal introduction to the letter that I removed. It fit on stake letterhead for mailing, but I made a PDF of our stake copy and emailed it to the new ward clerks because I wanted the links.

Hope it helps someone
new ward clerk orientation.docx
Word file
(18.59 KiB) Downloaded 1013 times

(if this post is dated, the links and the training resources may need updating before you use it...please check them)
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: template: new ward clerk introduction letter

Post by sbradshaw »

I like the idea of having a welcome letter – it helps the clerks to feel the importance of their calling, that they're needed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
fidelmoises

Re: template: new ward clerk introduction letter

Post by fidelmoises »

Hello, I'm a new member in the Forum, I've been called as 1st Counselor in my Branch, just last Sunday, and your template has helped me a lot, even though it's not specifically about my calling. Just watching the Bishop and Clerk welcome and training videos, has been incredibly helpful, in giving me an idea about where I stand, what should be done, what's most important, who should do it, and so on... I will continue to read your template, but lest I forget, I wanted to thank you now. So... THANK YOU!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”