LDS MAPS - New Ward

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
JeffersonFMurray

LDS MAPS - New Ward

Post by JeffersonFMurray »

When will a boundary realignment, wherein a new ward was created show up in the LDS Maps.? Otherwise stated when will I be able to see my newly formed ward in LDS maps? (The sooner... the better. This would be very helpful for callings, home teaching, and visiting teaching setup for a new ward, as well as good for the leadership to visit new members.)

We are going on two weeks since the new ward was created and are still seeing the old boundaries... and as a result cannot see any of the members in the ward in the Maps for the Stake.

Thanks for any insights that can be provided.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS MAPS - New Ward

Post by russellhltn »

I know the Bishop has to be sustained and set apart and the paperwork sent in to SLC. So clearly it's going to be well after the members know about it. But as for how long before the boundaries get updated, I'm not sure. Maybe someone whose been though this knows how long it takes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JeffersonFMurray wrote:We are going on two weeks since the new ward was created and are still seeing the old boundaries... and as a result cannot see any of the members in the ward in the Maps for the Stake.
When we created a new ward several years ago, CDOL updated within a day of stake notification to headquarters of the setting apart of the new bishop. If I recall, the maps updated during the second week.

The trick is notifying Salt Lake of the change, since the new ward is not activated in MLS. We made a pdf of the change form and emailed it, so they had it on Monday. If the stake mailed in the form, you probably need to add most of a week before you will see any anticipated changes.
JeffersonFMurray

Post by JeffersonFMurray »

It took about 2 weeks (15 calendar days), after boundary realignment meeting. Don't know if that was due to processing on our part or the churches, but would think it the standard

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”