Shredding old documents -- Zions Bank?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lahimatoa

Shredding old documents -- Zions Bank?

Post by lahimatoa »

This is my first year as ward clerk, and I am trying to find a good way to shred the documents from 2002-2004 that are taking up space in a filing cabinet in the office.

I read somewhere that Zions will shred old documents once per year per ward; is that true? Is there a number I call to get that done? Manually shredding these in our 3-pages-at-a-time shredder will take too long.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shredding old documents -- Zions Bank?

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know about that, I live too far away to know. But there are various community groups that sponsor shredding - usually around the first of the year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lahimatoa wrote:This is my first year as ward clerk, and I am trying to find a good way to shred the documents from 2002-2004 that are taking up space in a filing cabinet in the office.
If you're in the US, be sure also to include documents from 2005-2010 in your shredding party. :eek:
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lahimatoa

Post by lahimatoa »

Mikerowaved wrote:
lahimatoa wrote:This is my first year as ward clerk, and I am trying to find a good way to shred the documents from 2002-2004 that are taking up space in a filing cabinet in the office.
If you're in the US, be sure also to include documents from 2005-2010 in your shredding party. :eek:

Yes, absolutely. :) Apparently the last clerk did a good job with those, but there is a second filing cabinet that he apparently forgot to check while he was in charge.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

As another possible option (depending on where you live): When I was clerk, a bishopric counselor had a burn barrel on his property that we were able to utililze. You can wear out (or overheat) a small shredder trying to get rid of a whole year's worth of records.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote:As another possible option (depending on where you live): When I was clerk, a bishopric counselor had a burn barrel on his property that we were able to utililze. You can wear out (or overheat) a small shredder trying to get rid of a whole year's worth of records.
Have a bishopric bonfire!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bamamoser

Post by bamamoser »

I heated my house with old documents

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”