Shredding old documents -- Zions Bank?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lahimatoa

Shredding old documents -- Zions Bank?

Postby lahimatoa » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 pm

This is my first year as ward clerk, and I am trying to find a good way to shred the documents from 2002-2004 that are taking up space in a filing cabinet in the office.

I read somewhere that Zions will shred old documents once per year per ward; is that true? Is there a number I call to get that done? Manually shredding these in our 3-pages-at-a-time shredder will take too long.

Thanks.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shredding old documents -- Zions Bank?

Postby russellhltn » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 pm

I don't know about that, I live too far away to know. But there are various community groups that sponsor shredding - usually around the first of the year.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 pm

lahimatoa wrote:This is my first year as ward clerk, and I am trying to find a good way to shred the documents from 2002-2004 that are taking up space in a filing cabinet in the office.

If you're in the US, be sure also to include documents from 2005-2010 in your shredding party. :eek:
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

lahimatoa

Postby lahimatoa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:01 am

Mikerowaved wrote:
lahimatoa wrote:This is my first year as ward clerk, and I am trying to find a good way to shred the documents from 2002-2004 that are taking up space in a filing cabinet in the office.

If you're in the US, be sure also to include documents from 2005-2010 in your shredding party. :eek:

Yes, absolutely. :) Apparently the last clerk did a good job with those, but there is a second filing cabinet that he apparently forgot to check while he was in charge.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

As another possible option (depending on where you live): When I was clerk, a bishopric counselor had a burn barrel on his property that we were able to utililze. You can wear out (or overheat) a small shredder trying to get rid of a whole year's worth of records.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 pm

davesudweeks wrote:As another possible option (depending on where you live): When I was clerk, a bishopric counselor had a burn barrel on his property that we were able to utililze. You can wear out (or overheat) a small shredder trying to get rid of a whole year's worth of records.

Have a bishopric bonfire!
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

bamamoser

Postby bamamoser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:29 pm

I heated my house with old documents

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”