Area Coordinating Council Seventy's Clerk

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
stakeclerk

Area Coordinating Council Seventy's Clerk

Post by stakeclerk »

I would like to know how can I add my Calling as a Area Coordinating Council Seventy's Clerk on CDOL.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Area Coordinating Council Seventy's Clerk

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum!

Since this is not a ward or stake calling, I would assume it would be entered in at church headquarters, similar to a bishop or stake presidents call. I think I would try calling Member and Leader Support during regular "Utah" business hours (so they can contact CDOL department as needed) and ask them how to proceed.

Added later: You may know: Bishops and Stake Presidents, counselors and secretaries/stake clerks are not added via a "regular calling" entry in MLS by the unit. A Leader change request in MLS is submitted by the unit to Church Headquarters, and they process it. The change then appears in MLS, LDS.org and CDOL. However, there isn't a way to submit such a request for a calling such as yours this way.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Coordinating Council Clerk just seems like an administrative helper... it just doesn't sound like an actual position I've ever seen or heard of. There are Area Executive Secretaries, but other than that... nothing I've heard of.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stakeclerk wrote:I would like to know how can I add my Calling as a Area Coordinating Council Seventy's Clerk on CDOL.
No one can add themselves to a calling. It has to be added by someone who has the power to add them. Wards can add ward callings, stakes add stake callings. I'd assume that either the Area or CHQ adds area callings.

Someone may try to claim that it's up to your ward or stake to do it. And they could create a custom position, but it would appear way down in the "other" section for that unit, not in the place you want it to be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”