Finding MLS

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jmower

Finding MLS

Post by jmower »

I am a new clerk and have been given my new password and username. I was told I could log in to MLS at home and I have looked on lds.org for an hour to find out how to do that. I can't even find MLS, let alone log in. Maybe that was false information and I just need to go back to the Church and use their computer.
eblood66

Re: Finding MLS

Post by eblood66 »

jmower wrote:I am a new clerk and have been given my new password and username. I was told I could log in to MLS at home and I have looked on lds.org for an hour to find out how to do that. I can't even find MLS, let alone log in. Maybe that was false information and I just need to go back to the Church and use their computer.
You can't log into MLS from home but you can access a web site that allows you to do some of the same things (but not all) that MLS does. That web site is called Clerk Resources and is found at https://clerk.lds.org and should also be available to you from the Tools menu on just about any page of lds.org.

But, before you can access this site you must be correctly recorded in MLS (at your meetinghouse) with your new calling, you (or someone else) must do a send/receive operation in MLS (to send the calling data to church headquarters) and you have to wait enough time for the information to propagate to all church systems.

So if you we're just newly called and your calling has been entered for less than 24 hours, just wait until tomorrow and try again. If that doesn't work, you need to make sure your calling is recorded in MLS.

Also note that if you are a financial clerk these online tools are not available to you yet because the online tools don't support financial operations yet.
jmower

Post by jmower »

OK thanks, it sounds like I just better work from the Church meeting house. We did the send/receive for my ward clerk position with new password yesterday and the meetinghouse computer allows me access. Thank you.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jmower wrote:OK thanks, it sounds like I just better work from the Church meeting house. We did the send/receive for my ward clerk position with new password yesterday and the meetinghouse computer allows me access. Thank you.
You should be able to use the online site (and it is very useful for many things) but you may just have to wait until tomorrow.

One way to check to see if your calling was correctly record and sent is to look at http://cdol.lds.org. Go to this site and enter your LDS Account username and password. If it lets you in and you don't see a message (toward the top of the screen) that says "Your position has no rights assigned which allow you to view information within the Church Directory" then your calling is almost surely recorded correctly and you just need to wait a little while. If you do get that message then something is wrong with how your calling was recorded. Either it wasn't the right standard calling or it didn't actually get sent.

Note that the password you set in MLS has nothing to do with the online tools. That password is just used to access MLS in the meetinghouse. To access the online tools you have to sign in using your LDS Account username and password.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jmower wrote:OK thanks, it sounds like I just better work from the Church meeting house. We did the send/receive for my ward clerk position with new password yesterday and the meetinghouse computer allows me access. Thank you.
It looks like they just put you in as a user in MLS, but that they haven't put you in your calling. It hasn't made it to CDOL which means that you won't have rights to the online tools until that happens.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Since jonesrk says you aren't listed in CDOL, you'll need to get your calling recorded in MLS. Since you have access to MLS you should be able to do this yourself. In MLS, select Organizations > Bishopric from the menu. Most likely you will see your calling but with the previous person listed. Click on the name of the calling and change the information to yourself. (If by any chance the calling isn't already there you can use the Add Position link in the upper right to add it).

Then click the Send/Receive Changes button in the lower right. That will send the change to CDOL which will then pass it on to the other church systems.
jmower

Post by jmower »

Can I update callings from home?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jmower wrote:Can I update callings from home?
Not yet, but it is being worked on.
poultercc

Post by poultercc »

Ryan, is there an estimated date for when we'll be able to edit callings in LCR?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

poultercc wrote:is there an estimated date for when we'll be able to edit callings in LCR?
The only information available on that is from the MLS message dated 18 July 2014, which said that the ability to edit callings on LCR would be coming in "late Fall".

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”