Quarterly Report

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jamesluna

Quarterly Report

Post by jamesluna »

I'm a fairly new ward clerk and this is my first time doing the quarterly report. I have been able to find bits of information for the report, but I'm not sure where to find a large portion of the information. I know I need to collect the home/visiting teaching from the respective auxiliaries, but beyond that I don't know. Is all of the information for this report available on lds.org or am I going to have to use MLS for most of it? Any and all help would be very much appreciated!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Quarterly Report

Post by aebrown »

jamesluna wrote:I'm a fairly new ward clerk and this is my first time doing the quarterly report. I have been able to find bits of information for the report, but I'm not sure where to find a large portion of the information. I know I need to collect the home/visiting teaching from the respective auxiliaries, but beyond that I don't know. Is all of the information for this report available on lds.org or am I going to have to use MLS for most of it? Any and all help would be very much appreciated!
You can submit the report on LDS.org, or with MLS. But the information you need to collect comes from a variety of people in the ward -- none of it is available on LDS.org or in MLS (except the HT/VT numbers, and then only if the priesthood/RS leaders or secretaries have entered all the visit information).

Hopefully you or one of your assistants has been counting attendance at sacrament metings during June. That fills in one number. Much of the other numbers are June attendance (RS, YM, YW, Primary) figures which you typically get from the quorum/auxiliary secretary. And then you need information on converts, which your Ward Mission Leader can probably help you with.

More help can be found in the RKATS article Quarterly Report.
jmower

Post by jmower »

Where do you find a blank Quarterly Report electronically so I can start filling it out?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jmower wrote:Where do you find a blank Quarterly Report electronically so I can start filling it out?
I think we might have hinted in your other thread Filling out Quarterly Report that a blank Quarterly Report, as of today, can be printed from MLS. It's under the tab Reports/Forms then Reports/Tools then Blank Quarterly Report. MLS may be going away soon, however. You're making a great start by getting on this early-good luck!
leeloh

Re: Quarterly Report - where to find help?

Post by leeloh »

Where can I find "Help" for doing quarterly reports. Under Membership/Audits, Forms, and Reports (on lds.org) it list Quarterly Reports, but when I click on it, there is nothing there. So at this point I am unable to find any help in either MLS or online for doing the quarterly reports.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

leeloh wrote:Where can I find "Help" for doing quarterly reports. Under Membership/Audits, Forms, and Reports (on lds.org) it list Quarterly Reports, but when I click on it, there is nothing there. So at this point I am unable to find any help in either MLS or online for doing the quarterly reports.
There's nothing in clerksupport, but there is in the Wiki. It's a little out of date since the report can be done on-line now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
leeloh wrote:Where can I find "Help" for doing quarterly reports. Under Membership/Audits, Forms, and Reports (on lds.org) it list Quarterly Reports, but when I click on it, there is nothing there. So at this point I am unable to find any help in either MLS or online for doing the quarterly reports.
There's nothing in clerksupport...
Well, there definitely is an article about Quarterly Report in RKATS, but the permissions for viewing it are messed up at present. That problem is described in Quarterly Report Help Restricted. And because of that problem, if you try to navigate to the help from RKATS (Membership > Audits, Forms and Reports), you probably won't even see the article listed. But it is definitely there; click on this link: Quarterly Report. If you see a message about the content being restricted, then you can be certain that the article exists.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote:Well, there definitely is an article about Quarterly Report in RKATS, but the permissions for viewing it are messed up at present.
The permissions seem to have been fixed -- I can see the Quarterly Report article once again.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

jamesluna wrote:I'm a fairly new ward clerk and this is my first time doing the quarterly report. I have been able to find bits of information for the report, but I'm not sure where to find a large portion of the information. I know I need to collect the home/visiting teaching from the respective auxiliaries, but beyond that I don't know. Is all of the information for this report available on lds.org or am I going to have to use MLS for most of it? Any and all help would be very much appreciated!
Find your stake clerk and get some training :)
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jirp

Post by jirp »

Rolls can be a real pain to get out of leadership and HT/VT even worse. Here are the things being tried here. 1. Monthly reporting of rolls to get them and keep them in the habit of doing rolls. 2. New rolls printed out monthly and punched for 3 ring binders just to keep it easy and handed out on the last Sun. of the month. 4. Print seperate rolls for each member of the presidency in problem organizations and hand them out to each individual member of the presidency. Do not simply give them to a president or a secretary as that individual will still have all copies of that roll when it is time for the next go round. They must be handed out individually. 5. Request the old rolls in that day following church. 4. Reminder when it is end of quarter and explanation that these numbers affect ward budgets. 5. Regular and steady nagging over the following weeks or months for those not getting them in. Usually it takes about 2 months of nagging to get all the rolls back in.(After 9 quarters of running late this last quarter was the first time every having the rolls in by the time the report was supposed to go in) HT and VT will take longer still to get. Report what ever you have when the report is due and mark the rest 0. Then edit the report at a later date.

Quarterly reports can be frustration in the extreme so hang in there and keep trying.

If you don't file on time typical rule of thumb is you get the missing report automated note for week 3.(report is supposed to be in for week 2 of the new quarter) Week 4 or 5 gets you a manual note from your stake clerk about it some of the time. Then at week 5 or week 6 your bishop gets a call from SLC. To avoid all this file the report on time even if it is all 0's and edit later rather than waiting till you have the information.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”